Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1st time Russian not firing.

1st time Russian not firing.

Hey everyone! So i finally got a Russian 91, but i still cant get it to work.

Basically whats happening now is that i get an OP reading on my provari. I figured that it was the firing pin, and i loosened it up on my Russian. Now the russian is very loose, but it works. Its reading at 2.6 but thats another issue. I think i just suck a wrapping.

Anyways, has this short pin thing always been a problem?

Man i suck at rebuilding haha.

Depends on the device you use the russian on but yes typically the centre pin causes the issues. most mechs have adjustable centre pins and many atty's now have adjustable centre pins to overcome this issue. Unfortunately the Russian and Provari are both exclusions to the above.

I have put conductive things in there to extend the pin myself in the past.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    take it apart.. start unscrewing the atty centre pin, when you do this you'll notice the positive block raising, you'll then need to force the positive block down... ensure that the two blocks (the posts that house the screws for the wiring at the top of the atty base) are not touching.. i generally put a thin flat head in-between to wedge them apart.. sometimes when you adjust the bottom screw it loosens/tightens that positive block and rotates it so that its touching the negative... also this may effect the airflow as the alignment of the venting holes in the centre pin may be off... don't take my word for it because I've only really stuffed around with kayfun lite styled apparatus, and in the end drilled them out.. but a good start is just ensuring that the negative base hasn't swivelled to touch the positive
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bleed View Post

Basically whats happening now is that i get an OP reading on my provari. I figured that it was the firing pin, and i loosened it up on my Russian. Now the russian is very loose, but it works. Its reading at 2.6 but thats another issue. I think i just suck a wrapping.

If I remember correctly if you loosen the center pin you will in turn loosen the contact block which can cause a short.

Cheers
    Midlife

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Something neat I learned with the Russian:

The center pin is actually 2 pieces. Take them apart. Tighten the center block with the long section of the center pin, then screw in the next piece to the length required for making contact with your battery.
    Fixed my loose block problems.

AVF Regular
    the Russian does have a shorter 510 thread than a lot of other attys
    I cant get it to go on a few of my mods no matter how much I adjust the pin because when I screw it out too much I get leaking through it

AVF Regular
    The original Kebo Russian has an adjustable pin & won't loosen the terminal by adjusting it. Some cheaper versions are also called russians. Do you know what it is ? if not post a link from where you bought it, may help identify it.
    Gresh11 likes this.

Just for reference mate, i run a provari with a Kebo Russian and have the pin extended like this.

This sits flush with the provari.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bleed View Post

mate of mine owns a russian 91% Had a good look at it and helped coil it and the screws that hold the wire are a tad shorter than the ridgy didge gayfuns. This causes the posts to flop around and cause shorts (especially using thicker wire eg 28awg).

Woah! thanks for all the feedback guys!

So initially, i made it work by just extended the pin but having the block loose. I was happy that it worked, and it was my first build, so i was happy that i could even vape it. My coil was embarrassing, but being busy at the time, i couldnt play around with it for too long.

Anyways, today, i had more time, so i took it all apart. I tried a couple of methods to tighten up the block but in the end, i fixed it by putting two extra o rings at the bottom of the pin. Worked perfectly. Now the block is tight, sealed and gave the pin an extra mm or 2. Even spent more time on the coil today and now it runs so smooth. I still have trouble with the initial flood when i first close it up even though i tilt it upside down when i tighten it, but im sure ill figure that out in the future.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

-Bryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast