Thread: Juice well

AVF Regular

Juice well

G'day all,
    Can anyone tell me what a juice well is for on some RBA's, if you undo the centre pin the bottom comes away but i dont know why ? like in this photo number 1 comes away from number 2 and its hollow inside ?

Cheers
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    Catches any leaking from what i understand. Also you take that bit off if using a hybrid adaptor to make it shorter, common among Kayfun 3.1 and nemesis setups.
    Last edited by hoekone; 01-07-14 at 05:52 PM.

AVF Regular
    Ok, so if any juice gets down the airhole it doesn't leak out on the mod ?
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    I can be because it can be used in hybrid mode but most of the time it is for air supply/control and/or to enable the positive post to be in a non central position. To be able to manufacture a atomizer with these options the base often needs to be made in two pieces.

Cheers
    Midlife

Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    Ok, so if any juice gets down the airhole it doesn't leak out on the mod ?
    Yeah, that's what it's supposed to be for. Any RBA with a bottom airflow or chamber can have them as a juice catcher to prevent gurgling after flooding, but usually only high end or adjustable 510 pin/screw atties have them. No good for things like gennies, most side draught RDAs for example.

Usually don't have them if the 510 is not adjustable (therefore can't remove that section anyway without complete dis-assembly), it's not designed for hybrid (no point machining it then), or it's not a 510 airflow RBA (any juice can't find it's way down there, and won't block air holes anyway).

Atties that have that juice catcher I know of: Ithaka, kayfun 3.1ES and russian (not lite/lite+), the $13 rocket v2.

E: does the taifun have it? It's the type of atty that should, but I don't think it does.
    Last edited by coopz; 01-07-14 at 06:51 PM.