Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Is this particular battery charger compatible for Australia?

Is this particular battery charger compatible for Australia?

Hi,

I am thinking the answer to this should be 'yes' but I am asking just to make sure.

TrustFire TR-001 Lithium ion Battery 2 Channel Charger(AU Plug)

I am intended on purchasing this from a Chinese website and not certain it is compatible with the electrical volts in Australia. A telltale sign is that the ad says 'AU Plug' perhaps short for Australian plug but figured I'll ask before I regret buying it.

It is for a Innokin SVD that I also intend to purchase.

AVF Regular
    AU plug is indeed an Australian plug as is also visible in the product photo. The specifications also say that it is good for 100 to 240V AC.
    Can't comment on the quality of the charger but acording to the candlepower forums it tends to overcharge batteries. If you do buy it don't leave your batteries in the charger for longer than necessary.
    Robray likes this.

AVF Regular
    I am not sure if those chargers are any good or not but personally I would not get that one. I haven't done any research on it but it says in the link you put there that when the battery is charged an LED goes green...
    Doesn't say it stops charging the battery so...

I got a Nitecore charger from Vapeking and it has performed well so far and I feel moderately safe using it =P.
    Just remember Li-Ion chargers have the potential to start a fire and possibly burn down your house so it's worth doing some research, spending a bit more and getting a good one.
    Browny likes this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    My feeling is that anything with "Trust" in the name is to be avoided, batteries included!!
    CMB, Fatman and Browny like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    My feeling is that anything with "Trust" in the name is to be avoided, batteries included!!
    Not to mention Fire. Can you trust it to catch fire and burn your house down?

I'd get one locally that complies to Australian standards

Faulty USB chargers: Department of Fair Trading raids businesses after woman's death - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    mrsgruffy and Browny like this.

Trustfire TR001 Multi-Purpose Charger

What about this one? Guess I cant trust it either

K...I'll take your word for it

What do you think about this battery?

http://www.vapeking.com.au/efest-pur...r-battery-20a/

It's for the SVD Innokin

One last question before I click 'Proceed to Checkout'....
    With the 18350, 18500 and 18650.... does the size of the battery indicate the duration of the battery?
    Last edited by simonvee; 02-07-14 at 02:28 AM.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    The Trustfire will be fine, just when you get it locally it will (or should) be CE certified, which may not be the case buying from China.

I have a similar charger to that, may even be an older model of the same one, and it still works, the connections have gone a bit dodgy, but it hasn't caught fire or anything like that.

Also note the link above is stating about USB chargers not a plug in one I wish people would get this facts straight before posting the wrong information I my self have been dealing with Li-lion and Li-po and Life batteries for years in remote control helicopters and planes etc and any charger that is wall plugged is fine to a degree and any charger can and possibly could at one stage overcharge a battery. If you want to be totally safe then I would recommend a Accucell 6 or a Imax B6 charger that is used for properly charging Li-Lion Li-Po and Nicad and Life and Others, then get the appropriate cable to do so for each type of battery.
    But with that being said any charger that is a wall plug charger and not a USB charger is ok to use , but then again how many people are using the ego usb charger everyday day and have not had any problems with them at all. so then it comes down to who is charging the battery and how are they charging it and is the USB device on their computer faulty etc.

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

DAD
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by simonvee View Post
    Trustfire TR001 Multi-Purpose Charger

What about this one? Guess I cant trust it either?
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    The Trustfire will be fine, just when you get it locally it will (or should) be CE certified, which may not be the case buying from China.
    A Tick testing and Approval, ACMA Compliance Folders, New Zealand Telepermit the battery charger does not meet Australian standards (that I can see) and should not be sold here, or you may face like has just happened recently, being ce certified means Didley - what has to happen is it needs a tick of approval, if it does not carry the tick it is not a certified product and it is illegal to knowingly sell it in Australia. do a search there was a thread on this a while back.
    CMB likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DAD View Post
    A Tick testing and Approval, ACMA Compliance Folders, New Zealand Telepermit the battery charger does not meet Australian standards (that I can see) and should not be sold here, or you may face like has just happened recently, being ce certified means Didley - what has to happen is it needs a tick of approval, if it does not carry the tick it is not a certified product and it is illegal to knowingly sell it in Australia. do a search there was a thread on this a while back.
    C-Tick is what I meant, not CE and yes the link to the ABC article was just an example of why similar products need to be approved.

So are you saying that regardless of where you get the Trustfire from it shouldn't be sold here? I thought vendors could bring them in and then have them approved here?
    DAD likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast