Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: advice please :) nemesis viggo or stingray copper black mod?

AVF Regular

advice please :) nemesis viggo or stingray copper black mod?

hey peeps,

Looking at getting another mech. I have nemesis. Its served me well and still is rocking, but i am looking for another.

Looking at another Nemesis or the Viggo or the Stingray copper black.

Any advice?

Looking for a easy maintenance mod, don't wanna polish it much nor want patina. Low voltage drop etc etc

Cheers

MMM

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

ok I have the Copper Black Stingray clone from fastech which is this one don't buy any other from there If you are looking to buy originals the either one would do its really a mater of what you like in a mod.

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

AVF Regular

advice please :) nemesis viggo or stingray copper black mod?

Seeing MMM has been around since 2010 and by looking at his sig, I'm guessing he wants original.
    I have neither of the 3, but obviously the Nemesis is a tried and well regarded mod. Have heard decent things about the Viggo if you want something different. I may be wrong, but I remember someone saying the stingrays button is shit. Also heard the tubes can be off color and when it scratches it looks crap.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Apparently the viggo's 510 connection can be a bit temperamental with some attys. Just looked it up, the whole connector is made of copper. A bit too delicate if you ask me.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Nemesis is probably the best bet. Though I have two stingrays and both buttons are pretty freakin awesome. The problem being is due to the venting in the button, a lot of crap can get into the guts of it. Once pulled down cleaned and lubed they are a dream and can be adjusted down to .5mm throw.

My copper black is still the same as when I bought it, not a scratch or fade in sight. Though I do take care of my gear.

Edit: forgot to add that VD on the stingrays is next to nothing (0.1) under load and the copper black doesn't patina. Unlike my naval brass nemesis, which patinas if you look at it the wrong way.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by bk_renesis; 02-07-14 at 08:27 AM.
    Whizgig likes this.

AVF Regular
    what about 26650 congestus mod?

AVF Regular
    Why do people get upset about 'patina'

2 minutes with a rag & some autosol polish gets brass like new, I give my brass stingray (Hcigar clone) a quick once over every week or 2 & it looks like new.

My vote goes for the Stingray, compact solid mod with real nice mag switch.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
    Why do people get upset about 'patina'

2 minutes with a rag & some autosol polish gets brass like new, I give my brass stingray (Hcigar clone) a quick once over every week or 2 & it looks like new.

My vote goes for the Stingray, compact solid mod with real nice mag switch.
    No body is getting upset over patina. 10 seconds with a cape cod polishing cloth will fix that. Some people like the low maintenance features of a SS mod.

I let some mods patina and some I keep shiny, each to their own I guess. Then again it's upto each individual person and if you don't want a mod that patinas there are a lot of options either way.
    vengaman likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have a Paps Lux v3 18650 mode only thinking of selling. (Only 18650 mode though)
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    Viggo has an all Stainless topcap with the exception of the brass accent ring.....In fact.. I cant find copper anywhere. No issues with any attys, auto adjusting firing pin. I have had one for almost a year and its still awesome. Very low maintenance and fantastic locking button...

Quote Originally Posted by Gresh11 View Post
    Apparently the viggo's 510 connection can be a bit temperamental with some attys. Just looked it up, the whole connector is made of copper. A bit too delicate if you ask me.
    Gresh11 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast