My First Dive into Mech Mods and RBAs

Hi All,

I've been vaping now since January this year and I've been using a Provari with version 2 ViviNova tank and I usually use a high resistance coil. I've been reading what everyone on this forum and other as well as YouTube clips about Mech Mods and RBAs so I thought I'd give them a go.

So I picked up a Nemesis clone and an RSST. I also bought some prebuilt micro coils rated at .8 ohms and stainless steel mesh to use a wick. I threw it all together last night and got it up and running. I have to say that I'm not loving it. I'm not sure if it's something I've done incorrectly or what but when I'm firing it, it's sounding more like a bong and the vapor is really wet. To the point where I was weazing after a couple of tokes. I'm wondering if I've done something to the wick and it's wicking a little too well and if there's anything I can do to fix this?

Any advise?

Thanks guys

Sent from my abacus

Prebuilt micro coils on mesh?
    Can't say I've seen that done before.
    Get some 28g, do 4-5 hand wraps on pre torched mesh in situ, pulse to work hotspots, redo again with a drip of juice, job done; fill tank.

I'd recommend a wire rope wick instead of mesh if you can get some too.

Heaps of old threads around here about gennies and RSST

RSST - how do YOU build your coils and wicks

RSST Mesh Wick

AGR and RSST - Help (and need help!)

maybe upload photos and the old gennie pros that I know of still around (arth_d and kritikal) might be able to suggest something, (newbies always suggest cotton, silica or ekowool though, so ignore newbies)

I'm off to make a chicken, sun dried tomato, olive and spinach risotto...
    Last edited by coopz; 03-07-14 at 08:41 PM.

If you plan on using the pre built coils maybe get yourself a cheap dripper to try.
    Chana DNA30 - Magma - UD AGI - KFL