Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Skippa
  • 1 Post By <---cop

Thread: TaiFun GT clone woes...

Question TaiFun GT clone woes...

Hi guys!! first time posting but have been stalking for awhile, awesome forum you have here! Anyways a little backgroud b4 I get into my problems.. I have been vaping for about 3months now, got me of the ciggies quite easily Ended up starting off with a innokin MVP 2.0 kit, bought an aspire Nautilus tank and some mtbakervapor juice. Found I didn't like 555 quite quickly (I have a 30ml and 15ml bottle of the stuff if anyone does like it?). but the Couirmarine pipe juice was tasty as well as hawk sauce. Anyways I bought a taifun gt clone as I was interested in building my own coils and making things even cheaper! now I have wrapped 3 coils in it now from 1 through to 1.8oms. I have fully washed all parts of the tank also. I tend to produce clouds ok but I have been getting quite a weird taste and quite a hard throat hit with my couirmarine juice, I was told it could be due to wicking my cotton too tight within the coil. I tried again with a looser wick and the taste got a little better but not 100%. Just this morning I thought I wonder if its something to do with the flavouring in the juice reacting with something? so I filled up with watermelon and the taste is awesome! but I am still getting this damn throat hit that I don't get with the Nautilus tank with the same juice in it running 80VG 20PG mix, usually keep the mod sitting on 11watts, what could I be doing wrong?

Cheers
    Brandon.

AVF Regular
    Not sure about the flavour.

If set up right, the Taifun would be a lot more efficient than the Nautilus. So you'd be getting more vapour and nicotine in each hit (more nic = more throat hit). What strength nicotine are you vaping?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

6mg Nicotine so not that strong...

AVF Regular
    never tried a Nautilus, but taifun gt to me is a little more muted in flavour probably because I am used to drippers. Best to show a picture of your build. Picture is worth a thousand words.

AVF Regular
    Hmm, ok yeh that shouldnt be too harsh.

Air flow issues can cause harshness in drippers, not sure about the Taifun though. Got any pics of your build?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Thanks for the input guys!! I'm busy with my wedding anniversary this weekend but will try and take some pics sunday afternoon, Just been out for a vape and I think its getting a little better... perhaps its something to do with the juice I was trying it with first?

Check for rusty screws or if the deck is made of chrome plated brass instead of stainless steel tainting your juice.

Late reply to this post sorry guys, Thanks heaps for your ideas!! I have figured out where I was going wrong!! No rusty screws or bits Cop, at this point it hadn't even had a tank of juice ran through it!! My problem seams to be in the wicking and having too much cotton chocking itself through the coil.. I am now getting a wonderful taste and good vape production! Just need to work on getting it to not leak quite so much now lol.
    <---cop likes this.

Have a look at the build pics in this thread for an idea of the amount of cotton needed to hang out and fill the wick holes.
    The Taifun Thread
    Skippa likes this.