Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Should clone/fake coops by a part of AVF?

AVF Regular

Should clone/fake coops by a part of AVF?

Every one has their own opinion on genuine v clones. If individuals want to buy them, fine and dandy, caveat emptor and all that.

I have no issue for coops in general either. I just think actively supporting what would be a criminal activity in most countries by arranging bulk purchases is crossing the line and coops should be limited to parts/accessories or genuine items (regardless if they are unicorns or mass market).

These device coops also seem to be limited to a certain few and I feel it is unlikely that they aren't getting other benefits as part of the deal (hey, not accusing, just sayin')

Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    I have no issue for coops in general either.
    thanks.

I had no idea coops/z was a thing when I chose this username, on ever seen it written as co-ops and never checked for them before I signed up.
    Now it just looks silly

AVF Regular
    Clones?, no thank you.

floorzone2 and Stewey like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Is that Llama pic genuine?
    I see Iheamfrg point though, stop it at the co-op level.

I have no special talent____I am just passionately curious!
    I'm not MAD_____ I am GIFTED....

AVF Regular
    Serious question, given 90% of the time they show up on fasttech or one of the other china sites for cheaper than the coop, is there much point?
    coopz and Stewey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Serious question, given 90% of the time they show up on fasttech or one of the other china sites for cheaper than the coop, is there much point?
    Logical point, that and I think people are crazy to do it, have to do the work and get grief if any are faulty.

also: Babbies first vape shop, opens on AVF, coming soon to a website near you

Or one of the approved vendors that advertise on here.
    Last edited by Tigmann; 05-07-14 at 01:27 PM.

I have no special talent____I am just passionately curious!
    I'm not MAD_____ I am GIFTED....

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    Every one has their own opinion on genuine v clones. If individuals want to buy them, fine and dandy, caveat emptor and all that.

I have no issue for coops in general either. I just think actively supporting what would be a criminal activity in most countries by arranging bulk purchases is crossing the line and coops should be limited to parts/accessories or genuine items (regardless if they are unicorns or mass market).

These device coops also seem to be limited to a certain few and I feel it is unlikely that they aren't getting other benefits as part of the deal (hey, not accusing, just sayin')
    Your question should really be asked of the only person who has the right to veto - that would be Jato.
    Crisscross, Fatman, Rynxa and 5 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

JWH
    AVF Regular
    I love being involved in co ops clone or not.
    Poly couldn't afford genuine mods in a co op either
    So I say nay!

AVF Regular
    providing they are not 1:1 and have no markings, no claim to be something they are not, I have no issue. "copper, threaded, metal tube with magnetic button and no markigns" would be more appreciable that "1:1 Vanilla Clone"

personally, whilst I understand (and also have one) opinions, I think the focus of the forum should remain on vaping in general, not become device specific.

I do, however, find it strange that its only the hardware side though. no one is complaining that mrs lord has ripped of the original 'custard cream' flavour, that T-Juice concentrates have blatantly ripped off raspberry ripple flavour or that Alexander Grant's very own digestive biscuit recipe is now a flavour replicated in so many bakery vapes (oh my childhood feels so dirty now). I am sure the people that invented them also invested sufficient time and money etc.

it would be nice to have a permanent thread in political discussion around the clone/copy/fake/original issue. Afterall, it is a political issue, not a vaping one. that way we could remain on topic elsewhere.
    JWH and JimJamzzz like this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast