Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Sleeper Coils!

Sleeper Coils!

Hey fellow vapers!

I've only been vaping for a short time and been building subohm coils for much less than that, so pardon me for jumping on the hype band wagon of sleeper coils since Rip did a video on them lol.

Nonetheless it got me thinking of what I could do with them...

First idea:

24 gauge quad vertical sleeper coils on my Mephisto. 9/8 wrap @ 2mm gave about 0.15ohms. Took me forever to get right, and after that I found that the vapour production was no greater than the 24 gauge dual coil centre post sleeper in my Zenith. Plus it absolutely ate through my juice without giving much flavour in return. So, I took a picture and scrapped it lol.

Next idea:

I figured the way the coils were separated and not near the air holes, plus the coil orientation were the reasons I wasn't getting what I expected out of the vertical coils. So I had a little brainstorm...

22 gauge quad stacked centre post sleeper coils, once again on my Mephisto. 10/9 wrap @ 2mm gave 0.12ohms. Took about 2 hours to get it to where I liked it lol. Thankfully it payed off. The coils sat right in line with the air holes on my RDA, so the vapour production is massive. Made sure to wick them separately to facilitate that as well. Plus heating up evenly meant HUGE huge clouds. And it ate through less juice than the vertical version. Great success!

So, if you're patient and looking for results, give it a go. Pay off is worth it!

Happy vaping!
    Last edited by n0lsk1; 08-07-14 at 06:15 PM. Reason: lol typo
    bugzme, Meeuwsy, Fawks and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Please tell me you spent longer learning about battery safety than you did about building those coils.
    bobbavet, Toddosh, Stewey and 2 others like this.
    Apparently I have to be a sheep or get punished.

Those are some great looking builds. Much more intricate and clean than anything that I could rig up!

AVF Regular
    this could turn ugly.
    however commendation on the clean looking build though. Does your mod get warm after a couple vapes? Looks to be in the danger territory. put a vid up of the vapor production.
    footwork likes this.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

AVF Regular
    Not in any way, shape or form a personal attack directed at you n0lsk1, but the bold parts of your post below are what is driving the concern expressed by some around the whole extreme subohm culture.

Quote Originally Posted by n0lsk1 View Post
    Hey fellow vapers!

I've only been vaping for a short time and been building subohm coils for much less than that, so pardon me for jumping on the hype band wagon of sleeper coils since Rip did a video on them lol.

Nonetheless it got me thinking of what I could do with them...

First idea:

24 gauge quad vertical sleeper coils on my Mephisto. 9/8 wrap @ 2mm gave about 0.15ohms. Took me forever to get right, and after that I found that the vapour production was no greater than the 24 gauge dual coil centre post sleeper in my Zenith. Plus it absolutely ate through my juice without giving much flavour in return. So, I took a picture and scrapped it lol.

Next idea:

I figured the way the coils were separated and not near the air holes, plus the coil orientation were the reasons I wasn't getting what I expected out of the vertical coils. So I had a little brainstorm...

22 gauge quad stacked centre post sleeper coils, once again on my Mephisto. 10/9 wrap @ 2mm gave 0.12ohms. Took about 2 hours to get it to where I liked it lol. Thankfully it payed off. The coils sat right in line with the air holes on my RDA, so the vapour production is massive. Made sure to wick them separately to facilitate that as well. Plus heating up evenly meant HUGE huge clouds. And it ate through less juice than the vertical version. Great success!

So, if you're a patient and looking for results, give it a go. Pay off is worth it!

Happy vaping!

I like the bit in red ^. If you're not a patient now, there's every chance you may be one soon.

AVF Regular
    I'm going to assume this is on a 26650 with a 50amp sony. I can't think of anything else even close to be rated for that kind of draw.

What I'd really like to know is the official(probably isn't one) AVF stance on this sort of thing. Honest concern here, are Jato or the mods exposed to any sort of liability by these sort of 'advocate' posts, especially when there is no mention of the safety\risk factors involved?

If they're not and the official stance is "don't care, not our problem", or to that effect, then ok fair enough. I know some will suspect us of simply wanting to 'cause trouble, etc, etc', but I do find some of the recent sub-ohm craze to be concerning. If only because all we need is for someone to look at this, and then try it themselves with a cheap or low rated battery, and for it to all end badly. Go watch some of the youtube videos on battery venting to see what I mean. No one needs\deserves that to happen, let alone the media circus that may well result from it. If anything it'd be the quickest way to see new legislation rushed through enacting complete and total bans across the country.
    second_chance and Stewey like this.

AVF Regular
    leave the bloke alone, Worry about your own life, not how others live theirs...

Im 99% certain that you dont build a coil that nice without knowing what your doing.

Wikkid build man, That is too time consuming for me but props on the build!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawks View Post
    leave the bloke alone, Worry about your own life, not how others live theirs...

Im 99% certain that you dont build a coil that nice without knowing what your doing.

Wikkid build man, That is too time consuming for me but props on the build!

Wake up. Read the bit below. Please.

Edit: No one is attacking n0lsk1 directly. Way too much butthurt in here lately when you have to preface a post with a statement that you don't want to offend anyone. HTFU.

Last edited by 308hjute; 08-07-14 at 03:16 PM.
    D1git and Stewey like this.

A newb could build a coil like that after watching a video or two in a few hours. It ain't rocket science. Do you have no concern about the legitimate safety issues that have been raised above? Many thanks to those above who have highlighted the very real dangers of messing with these very low resistance builds. Safety first and foremost always.
    308hjute, Stewey, Aliyah and 1 others like this.

Beware! You are talking to an elitist panty hamster.

AVF Regular

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast