Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Getting wood through Australian customs and my Axiz story.

Getting wood through Australian customs and my Axiz story.

No I'm not talking about an erection after hopping off a plane.

A few months ago I was the proud owner of an Axiz box mod purchased from Vaperize in the good old USA. Really good device, well built, solid, produced power to my atomizer and made vape things happen. However, it stopped working. After contacting Vaperize via email, they told me that I will need to return the device to be sent a new one, I told them I would as long as they paid the return postage (as Australian Consumer Law states). They ignored my emails after that. I got in contact with the people at A.M productions in the Philippines who make the Axiz, and they told me they would be happy to replace my mod once the next batch was sent to Vaperize, because Vaperize couldn't replace any mods because they were sold out, oh and they are scum bags.

It turns out Vaperize were taking pre-orders on the next batch of Axiz box mods, and never paid A.M productions for the next order. Turns out they did the same thing to C.M II for their zenith pre-orders and to Grand Innovations for the gi2. IE: They took people's money for products they had no intention of getting in. Classy. After all this had happened, I've been talking with a representative of A.M productions who said they would send my mod directly to me for replacement, however they were unsure about Australian customs when it comes to wood products.

So my question to you lovely vapers, particularly vapers who have knowledge of Australian customs. Is there anything special that needs to be declared when wooden electronic products are sent into the country?

Thank you for reading my novel. Movie rights are available.

AVF Regular
    I have always wondered that as well.

Whenever I brought any wooden items into the country. I would declare it at customs, they would take it away and check for bugs and borers then if all was sweet they hand it back. I do know of someone who was given the option of confiscation or having them irradiate the item. Not sure what they chose or if there was a cost.

I think there is someone here who always answers these customs type questions.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I have always wondered that as well.

Whenever I brought any wooden items into the country. I would declare it at customs, they would take it away and check for bugs and borers then if all was sweet they hand it back. I do know of someone who was given the option of confiscation or having them irradiate the item. Not sure what they chose or if there was a cost.

I think there is someone here who always answers these customs type questions.
    Yeah I know it needs to be declared, I'm just wondering how to declare it, as it's both a wooden product and an electronic product.

Wooden electrical item is sufficient.

Quarantine (not to be confused with Customs) at the mail processing area will check and confirm that it is non viable and does not represent a quarantine risk to the country...and send it on its way.

Of course, if its deemed infested with patagonian wood weevils, you're screwed - and you'll get a letter saying it needs to be gamma'd..

You'll know if they check it, they'll slip a quarantine pamphlet inside your package.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    I knew you would come along and sort it out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I knew you would come along and sort it out for us.
    ;-)
    You'd think I could just leave work at the office, huh? ...apparently not.

I'll slip back into comfortable obscurity now

Quote Originally Posted by D Jovanovic View Post
    Wooden electrical item is sufficient.

Quarantine (not to be confused with Customs) at the mail processing area will check and confirm that it is non viable and does not represent a quarantine risk to the country...and send it on its way.

Of course, if its deemed infested with patagonian wood weevils, you're screwed - and you'll get a letter saying it needs to be gamma'd..

You'll know if they check it, they'll slip a quarantine pamphlet inside your package.
    Okay awesome, I figured that would be sufficient, but just double checking. Seeing as I got it through customs/quarantine the first time from America it should be fine, but from the Philippines straight from production, I thought it might be different.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamique View Post
    Okay awesome, I figured that would be sufficient, but just double checking. Seeing as I got it through customs/quarantine the first time from America it should be fine, but from the Philippines straight from production, I thought it might be different.

Wood, is wood - while there are different risk categories assigned to different countries, AQIS do their due diligence across the board.

Something as highly processed as a mod will fly through.

Ironic, seeing as if you imported a full container of them, without treatment certificates - they'd require some form of treatment here.
    Fawks likes this.

Another point I'd like to make with this thread. How the **** does a company take people's money for products, and refuse to ship it to them or give them a refund? Some people have claimed vaperize had taken more than $600 worth of gear in an order, and never intended to give them the products and then ignore requests for a refund..

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamique View Post
    Another point I'd like to make with this thread. How the **** does a company take people's money for products, and refuse to ship it to them or give them a refund? Some people have claimed vaperize had taken more than $600 worth of gear in an order, and never intended to give them the products and then ignore requests for a refund..
    This another case to highlight for anyone buying anything from companies over the web. Reputation for delivery and service is everything. Not in this case but in a lot of cases people go looking for the cheapest price on things. Service and rep for delivery is a big part of who I decide to buy from. This is an expensive item and I would be extremely p***t if that happened to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast