Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Thread: The Official Genuine Budget Hardware Project discussion thread

AVF Regular

The Official Genuine Budget Hardware Project discussion thread

The following thread is for the discussion and suggestion of quality affordable genuine hardware. (Title to be adjusted if necessary)

The purpose of it is to build lists of available hardware, pictures, where to buy links etc, which will be collated in another "index" thread which AVF members and readers can use to guide their purchasing decisions.

It is not intended that any debates of 'clone vs original' take place in this thread and any such debate will be removed. I have discussed this with Fatman and gotten approval for the thread before starting it so it would be appreciated if it can be kept on track.

There may be some debate as to whether a particular device is a clone or not, which is fine, it can be debated and sorted out here before it moves to the index thread. Good example of this would be the rocket atomiser, which is obviously inspired at the least by the kayfun, but is not even close to being a 1:1 clone.

Also, no bias towards the origin of the device, be it china, us, eu, wonderland, as long as it qualifies as being "original". Smok, sigelei, youde all make some reasonable gear that can be listed for example.

-------------------------------
    The Categories

Mechanical mods <= $50
    Mechanical mods <= $100
    Rebuildable Tank Atomizers <= $50
    Rebuildable Tank Atomizers <= $100
    Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers <= $50
    Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers <= $100
    Hybrid Mods <= $50
    Hybrid Mods <= $100
    Misc

Atomizers could be split further, into drippers\tanks\??, open to suggestions. Well no one made any so I changed it to what's in there now.

Could include VV\VW mods, not entirely sure if it's warranted, again open to suggestions. Yup, did that, why not.

Personally I think pp fees, postage costs, etc are not relevant. I know FT has free slow boat, but few others outside of china do and I think it would ultimately result in very short lists.
    There is value in listing them though, so people aren't surprised.

------------------------------------
    Listings

The actual listings to be moved into the index thread should adhere to a fairly standard format to make it easier to compare different devices.

My thoughts are they should include Name, description, picture(s), comments, suggested builds, where to buy, cost, other costs (postage). Possibly something like the following:

Name:
    Description:
    Price:
    Other Costs (Postage):
    Suggested Builds:
    (Silica, cotton, mesh, micro, macro, etc, etc) - Probably basic builds, not the more complicated ones.
    Comments:
    Where to buy:
    Pictures:

Again, open to suggestions if anyone has a better idea, or if I've missed something.

-------------------------------------
    The index thread

I'm happy to start and maintain\update the index thread, once the categories look settled, I'll open it soon and reserve the first 6-7 posts to keep things separated. Most likely each category to a single post with hyperlinks to each listing. Probably: Name, Price, Link.

I'm hoping people who suggest a particular device will volunteer to put the individual posts in the index thread and look after them, or someone else will pick it up.

Index thread now here --> The Official Genuine Budget Hardware Project Index thread

-------------------------------------

I really hope everyone can get behind this and participate and take it in the spirit in which it's meant. I think, and so does Fatman (thanks Fats), that it could prove to be a huge help and resource to all of AVF, both members and readers. Thanks.
    Last edited by Nakor; 27-07-14 at 04:28 PM.
    eTama, mathsguy, Stomp and 26 others like this.

Vote for best post of 2014 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Stomp, bk_renesis, Nakor and 3 others like this.

I look forward to seeing some listing of decent kit for decent pricing.

Post edited from what I had said because yes I missed the idea of the thread, my apologies to Nakor. Yes for some reason I missed the price capping. My apologies to Nakor. As this thread is not the place for me to post my thoughts on what should be included in a budget listing of hardware I'll exercise my right to remove it. It can be read in steweys copy pasta. Understand that my reply was made still remembering discussion that has taken place lately regarding originals and copies.

So again apologies to Nakor and +1 to the concept of the thread.
    Last edited by Magzzz; 12-07-14 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzzz View Post
    Drippers are not beginner/intermediate kit and as such should not be included.

Fancy quad coil RBA's are not beginner/intermediate.

I am all for this thread as much as being all for buying my lookalike from fasttech. But you need to use a modicum of common sense and realise or acknowledge that a copper tube with a fancy engraving selling for $150+ is not budget.

I look forward to your findings. I also look forward to seeing if my budget allows me to buy anything you list. Please remember to make a point of including battery cost and a charger cost. Not everyone has a draw full of 18650's and a soshine or nitecore. SO PLEASE factor this in to your "Original kit for under a $100".

Until recently I only had ego's and an MVP. I am sure many others will be the same.
    Unbelievable. Did you even read the OP.
    Last edited by Stewey; 11-07-14 at 03:01 PM. Reason: oops. shouldnt type with rage.
    bk_renesis and Nakor like this.

All of that is off topic magzzz and it seems you don't understand this thread.

At the risk of this continuing to be dragged into anything you said, I'll post a couple of things. I was going to wait until I ad full reviews, photos etc, but will get the ball rolling now to get the thread back on track.

I will come back and edit into the correct format, photos, reviews, builds etc later tonight...

Rocket V2
    where e5cigs
    price US$12.08
    postage about $5-7
    Rocket 5ml Rebuildable E-liquid & E-Solid Usable Airflow Adjustable Atomizer - Stainless Steel Color - Rebuildable Atomizers

Sigelei 13A
    where kidney puncher
    price US$29.99
    postage US$12.75 USPS slow boat
    Sigelei Model 13a - Kidney Puncher

US postage is high, but can make up for that with the fact that KP often have insulators/grommets no one else does as spares, also they have most of the full IGO range, custom designer caps for them too, custom pre drilling of holes if you want larger ones etc to make it worth the postage price
    Stomp, Nakor, Olfella and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewey View Post
    Unbeliebable. Did you even read the OP.
    essiemessy, 308hjute and Stewey like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    Snort!
    Beat me to it LOL
    Stewey likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Retired Account
    I have a fairly high tolerance.. but really, should there be any further reference to the Biebs on this forum.. I may not be responsible for my actions. I'm already twitchy. No court of law would....
    Fatman, davee, BrianS and 4 others like this.

Ok ill kick this off with an RDA designed and built in Japan that looks gorgeous and extremely well built that doesn't seemed to be getting the love it deserves here.

Name: The Vulcan
    Description:
    The Vulcan RDA is a three-piece design dripping atomizer that was built from a foundation of functionality and quality: A top and bottom heat fins that make sense! With the bottom base/fin carved out of a single solid piece of stainless steel, heat-dissipation has gone to a whole new level! No more over-heating MODs due to long draws. A unique air-vent and AFC design that brings the vents closer to the coils. Super-deep juice well that under passes the two side posts allowing maximum space utilization. The result is a product of quality you should expect and desire from a Japanese CNC perfectionist Producer.
    Price: $60 US ($64 AUD)
    Other Costs (Postage):
    Variable on where you get it
    Suggested Builds:
    Standard cotton dual coil set up
    Comments:
    Value!
    Where to buy:
    Plenty of places stocking it sadly the only one I know of that ships to Aus is out of stock . Vulcan RDA Rebuildable Atomizer
    Pictures:

Stomp, Fatman, davee and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzzz View Post
    Drippers are not beginner/intermediate kit and as such should not be included.

Fancy quad coil RBA's are not beginner/intermediate.

I am all for this thread as much as being all for buying my lookalike from fasttech. But you need to use a modicum of common sense and realise or acknowledge that a copper tube with a fancy engraving selling for $150+ is not budget.

I look forward to your findings. I also look forward to seeing if my budget allows me to buy anything you list. Please remember to make a point of including battery cost and a charger cost. Not everyone has a draw full of 18650's and a soshine or nitecore. SO PLEASE factor this in to your "Original kit for under a $100".

Until recently I only had ego's and an MVP. I am sure many others will be the same.
    Thanks for the comments.

It's not really about skill level and is not aimed at being a beginner\intermediate guide. It's just about what out there and available on the lower end of the price spectrum.

Same with batterys and chargers, in no way am I attempting to put together a "Original kit for under a $100", just a list of things that are out there. If someone takes the work done here and puts it together elsewhere in a new thread in a format like that, then great. Absolute spectacular use of what I'm trying to achieve.
    Fatman, bk_renesis, Stewey and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast