Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Advice: dripper with MVP2 for testing juice

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Western Suburbs
    Posts
    342

    Question Advice: dripper with MVP2 for testing juice

    Hi Guys,

    I have just gotten an iTaste MVP2 and use Aspire ET-S tanks on it, and although I wasn't planning on doing the rebuildable thing yet, I realised that as I am starting to do the DIY mixing, I will need a way to test the flavours. I was looking at something like this IGO-W Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer and assume I can use this with the MVP2 as long as I don't build coils that are too low resistance. Was going to maybe just do 1.5 ohm coils or something. Have watched a couple of vids on coil making, seems straight forward enough.

    1) Will this be suitable to test juice? I want to be able to drop a few drops and test the taste, then switch to another flavour without having residual flavour from the last. From what I understand, this is the point of using drippers. Am guessing I can drop unflavoured juice in to vape out the last flavour completely if necessary.
    2) Is the MVP2 okay for something like the IGO-W? It has the ohm checker and as long as I don't go below about 1 ohm am thinking it should be okay, just not sure, don't want to wreck it or risk having it explode or something.
    3) Is there something else cheaper/easier/more suitable for my purpose? Saw these 510 Bridgeless Atomizer | Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes VapingMad , but my preferred vendor doesn't have them, and not sure how long they'd last for the price.

    Rebuilding seems like the way to go and the IGO-W with drilled out air holes seems cheap and simple enough, and seems like I can use on the MVP2 safely with right coil ohm, but would appreciate any advice, if others think a different setup/option would be better/cheaper, am happy to hear about it.

    Cheeers

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,474
    Best Atomizer For Trying Different Flavors

    I wouldn't use a drilled out IGO-W for "testing flavours". Nice atty if you want to knock a bottle of juice back though - but better on a mod that can handle 1ohm loads - no point having an empty air hole (ie single coil e: or blocking a hole), or building ~3+ohm dual coils IMO. besides, the smaller the chamber the better anyway, that's why the IGO-L designed for single coil has a smaller cap.

    Get a bridgeless 306 or 510 dripping atty (if you can find GOOD ones these days), or an IGO-L, or IGO-S (again if you can find one) or a mini smoktech RDA.
    Last edited by coopz; 13-07-14 at 05:01 PM.
    Slayer likes this.


  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Western Suburbs
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    Best Atomizer For Trying Different Flavors

    I wouldn't use a drilled out IGO-W for "testing flavours". Nice atty if you want to knock a bottle of juice back though - but better on a mod that can handle 1ohm loads - no point having an empty air hole (ie single coil e: or blocking a hole), or building ~3+ohm dual coils IMO. besides, the smaller the chamber the better anyway, that's why the IGO-L designed for single coil has a smaller cap.

    Get a bridgeless 306 or 510 dripping atty (if you can find GOOD ones these days), or an IGO-L, or IGO-S (again if you can find one) or a mini smoktech RDA.
    Cool, thanks for link to other thread too, must've missed that one in earlier search for info. Yeah, makes sense with a single hole/coil if i'm testing and changing wick between each flavour too I guess, so will probably go the IGO-L. Didn't realise you just changed the cotton to change flavours, I thought you vaped it till dry then added different flavour. May look into the 501 dripping atty too, will see if I can find some reviews or youtube vids on them.

    Thanks for the advice,

    Cheers,
    Joe

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    54
    I Agree with coops, In my opinion i have used the bridged 510 attys to test juices before had two and they didn't last long, and it was hard to actually experience the full flavor of the juice, a bit dull and not much kick to it. The Igo-W was the first rebuildable atty i purchased good to test out how to build micro-coils but if you wanna test out juice with nic, its gonna have to be a lower nic level as 8mg and up would kill my throat (on a two micro-coil build) which i didnt know when i started RDAs. If you want to experience RDAs for the first time and test out building coils for the first time then Get a Igo-L allows for only one micro-coil easy to build no fuss, drip your juice, Vape it, change the wick and vape another (or if the last juice wasn't a strong flavor might be able to re-use wick.
    On the other hand Steam in sydney sells Vision Stardust V2 for only $1.95, use and throw away after a week or two.
    Slayer likes this.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Western Suburbs
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnii View Post
    I Agree with coops, In my opinion i have used the bridged 510 attys to test juices before had two and they didn't last long, and it was hard to actually experience the full flavor of the juice, a bit dull and not much kick to it. The Igo-W was the first rebuildable atty i purchased good to test out how to build micro-coils but if you wanna test out juice with nic, its gonna have to be a lower nic level as 8mg and up would kill my throat (on a two micro-coil build) which i didnt know when i started RDAs. If you want to experience RDAs for the first time and test out building coils for the first time then Get a Igo-L allows for only one micro-coil easy to build no fuss, drip your juice, Vape it, change the wick and vape another (or if the last juice wasn't a strong flavor might be able to re-use wick.
    On the other hand Steam in sydney sells Vision Stardust V2 for only $1.95, use and throw away after a week or two.
    Yeah, I did consider finding some cheap clearo's as throw aways, but will be trying a fair few different juices, so feels sorta like a bit of a waste too. I would need to buy about 10-15 of them to start, so I guess the dripper will be more economical in long run, but may be worth consideration. Sounds like I might give the 510 attys a miss from what you've said.

    Thanks for your input,

    Cheers

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Geelong Vic
    Posts
    364
    For me any dripper will do when it comes to testing...but usually it's the little igo-L. Cheap and simple, the perfect flavour tester. I have a 1.5ohm coil that in it permanently... just a quick rinse and new cotton for a new flavour.

    As for the MVP. Totally fine...has plenty of grunt for the majority of vapers. I have one and use it often...it has no problem from 1.2ohm and above (for me anyway).
    Slayer likes this.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,160
    I used an igo L on an mvp2 for ages a while back for testing flavours - its the best way to go for u at this stage as its a good way to learn how to build coils etc

    slayer the only thing is that when you get it you will find that the airhole is very small making for a very tight draw - so you will have to open it up

    some people like to drill them out - but its is hard to know how much to drill it when you are starting out so grab yourself a small file to file out the airhole - a bit at a time until you are happy with the amount of airflow you are getting

    you can get trojan file kits in the toolshop at bunnings for about $15

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Western Suburbs
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    I used an igo L on an mvp2 for ages a while back for testing flavours - its the best way to go for u at this stage as its a good way to learn how to build coils etc

    slayer the only thing is that when you get it you will find that the airhole is very small making for a very tight draw - so you will have to open it up

    some people like to drill them out - but its is hard to know how much to drill it when you are starting out so grab yourself a small file to file out the airhole - a bit at a time until you are happy with the amount of airflow you are getting

    you can get trojan file kits in the toolshop at bunnings for about $15
    Thanks, sounds like i'm headed on right track. Have read about the air hole, and think I have a file set that may suit, may even be the Trojan one.

    Thanks everyone for advice, really glad I came to this forum, look forward to contributing further and even giving advice in future

    Cheers
    avtek likes this.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Western Suburbs
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs-81 View Post
    For me any dripper will do when it comes to testing...but usually it's the little igo-L. Cheap and simple, the perfect flavour tester. I have a 1.5ohm coil that in it permanently... just a quick rinse and new cotton for a new flavour.

    As for the MVP. Totally fine...has plenty of grunt for the majority of vapers. I have one and use it often...it has no problem from 1.2ohm and above (for me anyway).
    Thanks, I was also thinking about 1.5 ohm should be ample and not stress the battery limits, thanks for your feedback and tips.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nanango
    Posts
    648
    The Igo-L definitely gets my vote. It was recommended to me by someone in the forum (for the same reason you mentioned) and I still love the simple design. I have only recently begun to look at other dripper options and ordered an Odin from Loki Labs because I want a deeper juice well so I can drip for longer. I spent $7-ish from Fasttech and I don't regret it.
    Slayer likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 09:46 AM.