Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My Batteries seem to be dying? or am i doing something else wrong?

AVF Regular

My Batteries seem to be dying? or am i doing something else wrong?

Hey Guys,

I've been using some of my mech's lately, and i can't ever go back to my svd after using them. They rock.

They look sexy, they hit hard (i finally understand what that means), My svd feels like vaping air after using a mech.

I'm not sure if it's just me...but my batteries seem to be dying quicker and i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong.

I've got 3 pairs, i've used them for about 20-30 cycles each, i rotate them in order, usually recharge between 3.5 and 3.7 volts, charge them in pairs, try not to over charge them.

My mod doesn't get hot, when i test my coil using an ohm meter it is stable, i.e. doesn't bounce around, which i take to mean that the coil isn't short circuiting.

I've been using a kick, mainly for said short circuit protection, since i've been using the mech's.

My batteries, efest 18500's, used to last most of a day, but are now starting to last about half a day before needing changing and i appear to be cycling through batteries quicker.

Does all of that make sense? any thoughts please? how long do efest 18500's last for a moderate vaper?

Cheers thanks heaps.

Sam

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    i just got some new 18650s from supersports after having a pair for about a year, the old ones work fine its just they don't last as long as they used to. i vape a mech mod between 0.90-1.5ohm

AVF Regular
    The red efests are shit get the purple ones. And the kick cuts out pretty quick for protection.

AVF Regular
    cheers boys thanks for your time.

Arth red ones are shit ay? just how long they last?

Purple ones next time.

what about the kick? if it's short circuiting i'll know because it'll stop firing...is that it? I thought maybe it'd keep firing but prevent a venting situation.

AVF Regular
    tugboat were the 18650's efest? or another brand?

I bought some NCR 18650's from Fasttech, they are still going strong, only a slight drop in performance.

AVF Regular
    No the kick has low battery cut off. When it gets below 3.4V i think with an evolve one it wont work. You just these short little pulses. And I bought red efest 18350 once and only got about 2 months out of them before they were worthy of the bin. I was using AW's after that but have been pretty impressed with the purple efests so far. Had them for about 3 months so far and they are still going strong.

AVF Regular
    yeah i'm at about the 2 month mark so far, disappointing if they are dying.

do you get your purple one's from supersports?

AVF Regular
    Nah he doesn't sell the purple ones. I got them from vaporroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    yeah i'm at about the 2 month mark so far, disappointing if they are dying.

do you get your purple one's from supersports?
    Samtron likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Samtron View Post
    cheers boys thanks for your time.

Arth red ones are shit ay? just how long they last?
    Yeah the red efests aren't the best, not just for longevity (as in months they are good for), but for mAh too.
    Eg, if you have a fresh, new AW 18490 1100mAh and a fresh new efest 18490 1100mAh, the AW will give you more hours of vaping.
    And will probably do that for more months of usage than the efest.
    But you get what you pay for, they are often ~30% cheaper than AWs for a reason, so you still get your moneys worth...

Don't forget a kick module consumes battery power too, all those components on the circuit board need battery power.
    I wouldn't expect much more than 5 hrs out of a 18490 battery on a 1.3ohm+ coil anyway though if your switching at 3.5-3.7V so you're still doing pretty OK if only one battery change per day (and more if you're still up vaping past midnight LOL)
    As these batteries are oldish and they're red efests, I'd just use them to the point of failure between charges, ie when the kick module activates protection at around 3.2v IIRC (recharging at 3.2 volts is OK if you don't care about the long term longevity of the cells too much, 3v is the danger point though - but these are efests already on their way out and you're using a kick, so vape on)
    e: Changing at 3.2v without a kick wouldn't be that good, but the kick measures that 3.2v under load, ie usually a static 3.4v on the battery charge if you were checking manually with a mm.
    Last edited by coopz; 17-07-14 at 09:56 AM.
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    18650's were the panasonic 3400mah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast