Broken Taifun Gt tank

Hi all,

I recently had the polycarbonate tank on my taifun gt crack. Been trying to take out the remaining part of the tank from the stainless steel section however having no luck. Its a clean break to the stainless steel section. ive tried boiling it to see if the polycarbonate will just pop out, however still no luck.

If someone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance

AVF Regular
    heat up a razor blade and slice it down the side

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

its a tight fit on mine too... if you put the tank in boiling water for a minute or so the steal should expand a little which might give you enough room to wiggle out whats left of the polycarb.. otherwise a heated blade of some sort that fits in heated up should let you cut up the plastic..

Confused at the end game here. Can you buy just the lower section and DIY join at home?
    I thought there was a factory joined ss/PC tank only available as a whole -which is what's broken here and you replace the whole assembly, an all steel one (no reason to separate in the first place then), and some aftermarket all PC tanks (again no reason to separate)

THanks all. Finally came undone. Boiled it and then heated up the blade. worked perfectly. thanks again for the help

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    Confused at the end game here. Can you buy just the lower section and DIY join at home?
    I thought there was a factory joined ss/PC tank only available as a whole -which is what's broken here and you replace the whole assembly, an all steel one (no reason to separate in the first place then), and some aftermarket all PC tanks (again no reason to separate)

Not sure about legit ones but the clone co op which was run long ago hear had the option for replacement clear half tanks as they were press fit

Quote Originally Posted by Toddosh View Post
    Not sure about legit ones but the clone co op which was run long ago hear had the option for replacement clear half tanks as they were press fit
    Cheers, I didn't know they were press fit without any sealant or adhesive needed.