Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Someone set me straight ! Am i safe !?

Someone set me straight ! Am i safe !?

Hey Dudes and Dudettes,

So, lately I've seen some stuff about peoples stuff exploding/venting etc. Ive read into battery safety and coil building and I'm pretty sure I've got enough understanding to do what I've been doing. I just want someone to tell me the stuff I'm using, methods etc are the safe correct way !
    I am using a kayfun 3.1 clone running a 1.1 to 1.2ohm coil with a cotton wick. I have a few different mods, nemesis, stingray, magneto and a vw zmax v5. I don't use the zmax as much as its a bit bulky and wont go under 1.3 ohms. My fav is the stingray.
    Battery wise, i only use aw imr 18650's or sometimes an 18350.
    I have a genuine russian 91% on its way which will sit on a new stingray and ill build a 1.3 ohm for the 3.1 to leave on the zmax.

Been using the kayfun and building my own coils for a couple months now and have been stoked with the results, no dry hits, loads of flavour, loads of vapour. I'm definitely satisfied. I'm not looking at sub ohming or anything.
    Am i safe !!

Cheers !

You should be well in the boundaries of any decent battery. But always use an ohms law calculator on the net to check your within your batteries amp limit.
    Last edited by McVapen; 20-07-14 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McVapen View Post
    You should be well in the boundaries of any decent battery. But always use an ohms law calculator on the net to check your within your batteries amp limit.
    I only have aw imr batteries so i reckon ill be sweet. yeah ?

Id say so my aw imr is 10A rated so youd have plenty of room.
    But you need to find you battery and its amp limit and use that info with the calculator and your build to be 100% sure. Better to be certain your safe it only takes a minute to do
    I check every time I do a build.
    Plenty of you tube clips on how to use the ohms law calculator

AVF Regular
    1.1 Ohm driven by 4.2V (worst case) draws 3.8 Amps. Even the horrible "Fire" batteries will be capable of supplying that.

Just dont discharge your batteries too low (check the data sheet and add a safety margin). Recharging Li batteries that have been too deeply discharged can be just as dangerous as exceeding the load current limit.

I am no electrician, but from what I understand, stacking batteries is more dangerous, as is using unprotected batteries, as is having a coil with too little resistance (without going into the mathematical calculations).
    Also heard somewhere that AW IMR's are the safest. They are the only batts I use. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponky View Post
    1.1 Ohm driven by 4.2V (worst case) draws 3.8 Amps. Even the horrible "Fire" batteries will be capable of supplying that.

Just dont discharge your batteries too low (check the data sheet and add a safety margin). Recharging Li batteries that have been too deeply discharged can be just as dangerous as exceeding the load current limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagurk View Post
    I am no electrician, but from what I understand, stacking batteries is more dangerous, as is using unprotected batteries, as is having a coil with too little resistance (without going into the mathematical calculations).
    Also heard somewhere that AW IMR's are the safest. They are the only batts I use. Hope this helps.
    Ill have a suss of this calculator, but i reckon im ok. Just wanted some reassurance, you know how it is. lol.
    Im definitely not stacking em, so no worries there.
    Cheers Dudes !

Quote Originally Posted by Sponky View Post

I have read that about the charging as well. Mine never run too low. I take an 18650 to work and generally change it over when I get home. I hardly notice a drop in vapor at all. Over cautious maybe ? Lol

AVF Regular
    The easy way is to find a chart that has the name & type of battery associatied with the lowest ohms it can run, Plenty of charts out there, you just need to make sure you use an ohms calculator and double check it.

AVF Regular
    JWH, centron-sg1, Samtron and 4 others like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast