Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ssstahly

Thread: Itaste VV dead ?

AVF Regular

Itaste VV dead ?

I've only had it for about 2 months and it's stopped working .. Keep getting 888 or 1=1 errors .. The button lights up green when pressed but it doesn't actually fire
    Also the ohms readings are all over the place .. For example, press the buttons once and it will say non, press again it will say 4.2, press again it will say 1.8 etc .. All over the place.
    Does anyone know if there is some sort of reset button press sequence ? .. Or has it gone to god ?
    Bought from Slowtech who only have a DOA warranty so I guess it will end up in the bin if there isn't a simple fix
    Shame cos liked it ..
    Ill be buying local for the next one I think.

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

AVF Regular
    Any ideas ?

I've spent far more than that on vaping ... But I like to think of the positives
    Actually I don't think that's true anymore .. Savings now exceed spending .. Sweet !
    Innokin SVD (dead), MVP v2 and itaste VV3 (dead), several eGo's, EHpro Kayfun Lite Plus, Aerotank Mega, Aspire Nautilus, ET-s, Mini Nova-s, CE5 BDCs .. So far

AVF Regular
    The center pin might have pushed down from the atty you were using. As a temp fix, try prying up the 510 on the itaste using a needle or anything that will pry it up.
    remi1au likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ssstahly View Post
    The center pin might have pushed down from the atty you were using. As a temp fix, try prying up the 510 on the itaste using a needle or anything that will pry it up.
    Cheers I'll give that a try.

AVF Regular
    Mine showed these symptoms intermittently after the whole USB port and buttons on the base ripped out while removing the charging cable one time. With nothing to lose I removed the bottom portion again carefully and used a small amount of electrical tape around the board and re-inserted it. Now it sits inside more firmly and doesn't show those symptoms anymore. My guess is that the (failed) hot-glue was shielding the board or some solder from shorting out on the outer shell. The electrical tape must be stopping it from shorting out as it works normally now.

Maybe worth trying if you feel you have nothing to lose.