Clearomizers (wick vs cotton)

Hi,

1. Is this observation accurate?

I have noticed that the trend (evolution) of clearos is that it is heading towards cotton and away from wicks. One, is because on Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail, I mainly see cotton. Two, is the newest and premium clearos are cotton.

If it is accurate, why is it moving away from wicks?

2. Does wick or cotton produce more vape/smoke?

3. Which one, in your experience, or from what you have heard or read is more durable? Cotton or wicks?

The reason why I ask is because recently I have numerous cotton clearos (vivi nova, iClear 30, Vision VT) stuffed up on me within 2 or 3 days. Shocking! I am currently using a cotton Aspire which is surprisingly lasting me over 7 days and counting. The only problem is that it does not produce as much vape as the wicks. My main concerns today is DURABILITY and VAPOR. Please advise.

AVF Regular
    Silica lasts heaps longer than cotton. Some people dont like the silica taste but.

Actually.... on 2nd thought....I do not know if I got my terminology correct.

My clearomizer is this one: VK Discovery Starter Kit

There are no wicks visible so I assumed it was cotton. Maybe it has an internal wick system

AVF Regular
    thats silica. all clearomizers are silica. There is a wick in there. Cotton is cotton balls or similar that people use in rebuildables.

I'd be suprised if there were any clearos that had cotton instead of silica. They all have silica for the main wicking material as far as I know.

But the average clearo dual fancy coil only lasts a few minutes to a few days it seems currently, so they may as well have cotton.

So single coil last longer? Do you know why?

Quote Originally Posted by simonvee View Post
    So single coil last longer? Do you know why?
    Poor quality control, they're just slapped together any old way for a few cents in china.
    Single coils used to be better, and you could at least visually inspect them or fix them up easily.
    But saw a recent video, may have been p busado, comparing a new kangertech single coil to the new more sealed dual coil, and the single coil was laughable too how it was wrapped.

If you are a tinkerer you can fix these things, if not, then you need to buy a lot of them to find the 50% of well built ones I guess.

Main reason why I only use rebuildables these days.

E: innokin have been doing a dual coil head for the longest (with their iclears) that were pretty good back when I used them, but not really out there much in technology for a good range of bottom dual coils and air flow control like the other brands (aspire/kangertech).
    Last edited by coopz; 21-07-14 at 03:17 AM.

My Innokin 30 coil stuffed up within 3 days. So basically what you're telling me is both the single and dual coil is poorly built. It's a matter of my luck getting a good or bad batch?