Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By fad

Thread: Novice needing advice please

AVF Regular

Novice needing advice please

Hi, have been enjoying GS, for convenience after a friend introduced me to them, but they are longer shipping to Oz Need advice on what simple system would be best to progress to, or if there are refillable catomisers i can get to fit the batteries to continue using the same batteries ? I am getting totally confused after reading many posts with all the slang as this is all new to me, and not sure what i need . Am also thinking of ordering some unflavoured nic for future use TIA

fad
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Hi, have been enjoying GS, for convenience after a friend introduced me to them, but they are longer shipping to Oz Need advice on what simple system would be best to progress to, or if there are refillable catomisers i can get to fit the batteries to continue using the same batteries ? I am getting totally confused after reading many posts with all the slang as this is all new to me, and not sure what i need . Am also thinking of ordering some unflavoured nic for future use TIA
    GS could mean many things, can you be more specific or point to a page with your gear?

Have a look at your battery. If it looks like this

then you can use almost any atomizer out there. The ego threads are common on standard 'clearomizers' (Clear Atomizers) with the 510 in use on most atomizers nowdays.

If you're into cartomizers there are lots of people selling Boge-style units that will work with your battery.

It's recommended that you buy your own nicotine from known suppliers. That way you can buy electronic liquid from any of the many Aus suppliers and add your nicotine your requirements. NicVape and VapingZone are a couple of sites people have had success with in the past.

Feel free to ask about whatever you're not clear on.
    Waratah67, merexy, LimeB and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Fad, mine are only the GreenSmoke ones with prefilled cartomizers, so the most basic type. Thanks for the pics , and the info. I shall check into them . Your pic makes it so much easier to understand what will be compatible with the ego, so really helpful
    When buying liquid nic, is there a limit on what amount you can buy at a time? Will check out the seller links , and the ego threads.
    If storing in freezer is it better to decant into small amber plastic or glass bottles ?

fad
    AVF Regular
    Had a look at the GreenSmoke site. What you've got are generally known as cig-a-likes, and are thought of
    as something to get started with. Most people move off from them once they encounter the vaping community.

There are a lot of possibilities with vaping now, from fill-and-go starter kits to high-end DIY devices.
    What you move to depends on what you're looking for. You'll need to weigh up cost, size, style, portability
    and ease of use.

The first step up is a kit made up of a Clearomizer atomizer on an ego-style battery. They generally have
    2 batteries, 2 clearomizers, charger and replacement coils. All you need is electronic liquid and your nicotine.
    Examples: kits, kits

Note that any devices I mention are refillable and have replaceable parts.

For a lot of people these are all they need.

But each atomizer will work slightly differently depending on how you vape. So you will find
    one make/model works better (or worse) for you. Most people go through several before settling
    on ones that they like. Good brands are Aspire, Innokin and Kanger.

If you get into it and want more control and longer runtimes then you can look at 'mods' (originally
    Modified Flashlights) that are either tubular (about 20cm across) or box-like. You'll need to buy
    batteries to suit and an appropriate charger.

At the high end when the bug hits hard there are ReBuildable Atomizers (RBA) for DIY and collectable
    mods & atomizers for the well-off.

My recommendation: pick a starter kit. The batteries will work with most every atomizer available, and the
    supplied atomizers will have replaceable parts available. Buy your own nicotine (100mg strength in PG) and
    start working out which flavours appeal to you.

As for nicotine. You can import nicotine for personal non-theraputic use, to a maximum of a 3 month supply.
    What that means is open to interpretation (by customs). Since shipping from the US is most of the cost,
    people here buy in 250ml 500ml and 1L quantities and mostly have no problems importing it.

Nicotine is not as dangerous as the more sensationalist parts of the media would have you believe.
    But you still need to take care with it. So first and foremost ensure it is stored safely and away from
    anyone who might spill or drink it.

For long-term nicotine storage decanting into good thick-walled amber glass bottles stored in the freezer is best.
    Followed by in a dark pantry.