AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Mini Tank Suggestions

Hi Guys,

I am quite new to vaping, about a month in, I currently am using a Kumiho 650mAh VV ego-c twist battery.

I’ve been between Kanger T3S and T3D clearomizers at the moment, which I’m relatively happy with, I’ve been having some leaking issues with the T3S clearos but I don’t seem to be alone in that respect.

I’m mainly looking at the below 3 tanks at the moment to upgrade to, I quite like the idea of the adjustable airflow. Not after anything too large, so the Minis seem to be what I’m after

Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC
    Kanger Aerotank Mini
    Kanger Mini ProTank 3

Cost isn’t too much of an issue here, from everything I have heard I would not be disappointed with the Nautilus, but if the Kanger options are still of good quality I’m not sure if its worth the extra coin.

Further to this, as I only currently have a 650mah battery, will these options fit nicely or are they going to hang over the sides?

Thought I’d ask somewhere from people that know they are talking about and could offer any other suggestions on what may work for me and or provide any further info on the options I have mentioned.

Thanks guys will appreciate some feedback!
    Last edited by Shaunv666; 21-07-14 at 01:07 PM.

I have the Mini Protank 3 and its got great flavor to it using the 1.5 ohm coils, i have slightly drilled out the air holes for a airier draw but that's just me, i haven't had any issues with leaking (apart from the time i wasn't watching as i filled and shot 1ml straight down the chimney onto my lap)
    I haven't tried the other 2 so can't comment but I'd highly recommend the Protank 3
    Current Gear: Dragon Dual 26650 unregulated box with Mutation XL sitting on top. ELeaf Istick with Mini Nautilus on top as daily driver. Lots more.

AVF Regular
    Mini Protank 3's are good value for money - I have 3 in rotation - got an Aerotank Mini for my wife - love it - but I don't believe it's worth the extra coin over a regular Protank Mini . . . . especially on an ego battery . . . Either will be same diameter as battery . .. . Evod 2's are also good value . . . . same coils as Protank 3 . . . . Kanger Protank 3/AeroTank Replacement Coils | VapeKing

What are you looking for ? Easier draw ? Dual Coils ? Less fuss . . . ??

Thanks for the responses,

Quote Originally Posted by MelbVFR View Post
    What are you looking for ? Easier draw ? Dual Coils ? Less fuss . . . ??
    I'm not really sure exactly what I'm after to be honest, If i had to say I guess number one would be something that’s going to be reliable and not leak, at the moment I’m constantly carrying around my stuff in zip lock bags due to some prior incidents, secondly something that I can just clean every couple of days, slap in a coil when necessary and forget about it more than anything else. The option to replace all the parts appeals to me too.

Protank 3's definitely seem like they are gonna be the best for a small initial outlay.

Would I be any better off getting a Mini Vivi Nova? What's the main differences between something like a Mini protank and a mini Vivi Nova?

I'm really not sure at this stage what I'm going to do, but I'm happy to keep trying stuff to find something that works for me.
    Last edited by Shaunv666; 21-07-14 at 03:50 PM.

AVF Regular
    Out of the three on your list i have tried the Mini protank 3, i like it, seems to use a little more juice then say my standard EVOD's but i feel it has more flavour and looks much nicer but it is slightly longer. The mini protank fits nicely on an ego battery, same diameter. I have an Aspire Nautilus but not the mini and i also like that tank, but it does seem to leak on me when the tank gets a little low so i just make sure to top it up now and all seems good.

AVF Regular
    I've tried a few, I was an evod bigot until I got onto the mini protank 3. I cant fault it right now.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

Looks like I'm going to have to order a couple Mini Protanks and some replacement coils tonight then

Query for any of you that have used them, what blend of liquids are you using? I'm finding my 80/20 pg/vg liquids are the main culprit for leaks in my T3S clearos, but 20/80 pg/vg liquids are better, until the tank gets close to empty, then they leak regardless which is also annoying.

AVF Regular
    I started on 80/20 PG/VG and had a lot of leaking problems, especially in the summer, was also a little harsh for me and not enough vapor ha. Im now on 50PG/50VG 12mg Nic and like this spot, nice vapor, decent throat hit and not to thin.

AVF Regular
    I can only vouch for Evod2 with 1.5 ohm coil, they don't hold enough liquid for me being the only drawback.
    *I Use Clones*