Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: whats with all the DNA for sales?

whats with all the DNA for sales?

Noticed heaps of clone dna's and even some og hana''s for sale currently and was wondering why people are off loading them all of a sudden. I know the sx chip gear is getting about but the dna is still up there when it comes to vv devices.
    Ive got one on the way so id be interested to know peoples thoughts as to why

AVF Regular
    i didn't like mine, it all seemed a little .....pointless. i like my mechs, plain and simple - they work and are fuss free.

i am guessing others here probably have a number of other DNA or DNA type devices to fall back on.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    i have been using my dovpo e-mech with a dripper since i got and the chana has just been for when i go out basically its great device just not for how i vape most of the time
    roj and Master Sergeant like this.

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

Super Moderator
    Like all things in vaping ( and perhaps modern life) an "innovation" is touted as the best thing since sliced bread for weeks/months before its commercially and readily available ... people believe everything they read on the interwebs , or watch on youtube ... and thus the hype begins ... often building in disproportionate amounts as to what the product is ... When you break it down vaping is a battery and a coil ..... to tailor it to be a bit easier , you incorporate some form of regulation in there , whether it be electronic , or regulation by coil resistance .

So a generation of consumers adopt the "Holy Grail " stance and buy a sheepload of a certain thing ... only to find out , its pretty much the same as what they had before , or they themselves dont have the education or experience to make the most of the new "innovation" ... it doesn't matter what device you use , pumping 30W thru a 1.5 Ohm Protank is gonna taste like crap

Its only when you take the time to appreciate the basics that you indeed can make the most out of higher wattage's , sub-ohms or whatever it is you are trying to achieve .
    The DNA and clonage is a nice bit of kit , but it really doesnt do more than any other regulated device unless you can channel its abilities in a direction that works .

There is always the "gotta have the new thing on the block " momentum

You dont need a DNA chip to vape , just like you dont need an EPM or a provari, or a Vamo , or whatever ... the thing is we choose what we want to use .

If you follow the hype and trends then there are going to be a LOT of DNA's and DNA clones sold , simply because they present themselves as the next messiah of vaping ... the funny thing is that high wattage devices have always been out there in the hands of modders and experimenters ... the DNA was just the first one to package a commercial set-up ,apply Yank marketing, and be readily available to the unwashed masses ... thus explosion of popularity ... thus "been there done that" time to sell and wait for the next thing
    Captain, JWH, D1git and 18 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I was going to say it was because a lot of them seemed to have been built by blind monkeys with no arms.

But Fatmans explanation works too.
    Last edited by Nakor; 22-07-14 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Same blind monkeys typed the post for me.
    JWH, D1git, Fatman and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    why he not tell me this before I tried it, I wasted literally 1.5 hours of my life trying it - 1.5 hours i'll never get back.

oh.....woe.
    eteach, Fatman and steve.c like this.

I have 2 of them that I got of the classies on here. Both work as per my expectations although I did have to repair one. But I knew it had an issue when I bought it. Using every day and no problem.

I would agree with what FM says in regards to latest shiny things. Bit like the latest smartphone really.
    Looks different but really does the same thing.

But the one I repaired did appear to have been assembled by the blind monkeys that Nakor mentioned.
    Fatman and vengaman like this.

I have no special talent____I am just passionately curious!
    I'm not MAD_____ I am GIFTED....

AVF Regular
    good point there. I am actually thinking about de-mobile-ing. I am over 24/7 contact-ability, its bloody unnecessary tbh. perhaps i'll start a fad
    Fatman and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    I haven't jumped on the DNA bandwagon yet... Although I was pretty close to doing today.... :/

And yeah.. what FM said...

AVF Regular
    ....Short version...victims of '" The Organised Construction of Dissatisfaction"...or what FM said.
    Fatman, Gresh11 and vengaman like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast