Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Origen V2 with Quasar Clone top cap

Origen V2 with Quasar Clone top cap

Out of complete boredom, I decided to put my Quasar clone's top cap onto my authentic Origen V2's base. Since I tend to run horizontal coils, I think that I can combine the best of both worlds right? A Quasar that doesn't have to be dripped as often.. sounds lovely. Have a look and please excuse my gunked wicks

DEATHGUYJ, Fawks and Hidden1 like this.

AVF Regular
    Good idea i will try it is it a firm fit not to loose.

I did the same i use the bottom deck of my soldado rda and the top cap off my castle rda works great and perfect fit

AVF Regular
    Interesting, My origen is sitting on the shelf atm , How does it change the performance in your opinion? The Magma is really doing it for me at the moment and i prefer it over my origen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden1 View Post
    Good idea i will try it is it a firm fit not to loose.

I did the same i use the bottom deck of my soldado rda and the top cap off my castle rda works great and perfect fit
    I'd recommend using a clone Quasar. It's a super tight fit so I pulled out the O-rings and then lightly sanded away to bore it out a bit. After doing this, it only fits my authentic Origen V2's base and not my "1:1" Origen V2's base.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawks View Post
    Interesting, My origen is sitting on the shelf atm , How does it change the performance in your opinion? The Magma is really doing it for me at the moment and i prefer it over my origen.
    With the slits, you definitely get more airflow. There is a much looser draw compared to the Origen which makes more vapor, however, I don't think that the vapor is as thick at wide open. To be honest, I didn't really like the Quasar clone to begin with so I didn't mind fiddling with the top cap. Still fits the Quasar btw.

Does eliquid leak out of the holes on your Magma?
    Last edited by footwork; 22-07-14 at 06:10 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by footwork View Post
    I'd recommend using a clone Quasar. It's a super tight fit so I pulled out the O-rings and then lightly sanded away to bore it out a bit. After doing this, it only fits my authentic Origen V2's base and not my "1:1" Origen V2's base.

With the slits, you definitely get more airflow. There is a much looser draw compared to the Origen which makes more vapor, however, I don't think that the vapor is as thick at wide open. To be honest, I didn't really like the Quasar clone to begin with so I didn't mind fiddling with the top cap. Still fits the Quasar btw.

Does eliquid leak out of the holes on your Magma?
    I have the cloned Magma and as you know the authentic Origen V2. Honestly the Magma is a nicer vape than the Origen, i have had the magma for a week and a bit now so its still early days technically but i can make some judgments about it now.

Its having the coil directly in the path of the airflow unlike most which technically sit along the side like the origen, along with the rounded topcap which is superior to the origen design that makes it a nicer vape. Personaly i would like to have a rounded cap like the magma on the origen to test the difference but i think its really the combo of both that makes it so much better.

The only issue, which is sort of a biggie and enough of a deal breaker where i will still take the origen out if im on the move walking about all day is that the origen with a horizontal dual coil build with cotton is built such a way that when you flood the deck, the liquid instead of seeping out the side holes, will hold it viscosity to the cotton and you can still vape it flooded without it leaking. The magma when filled flush to the top is fine, and even though the airholes are flush with the deck (This is the clone so the interior air holes are not rounded like i have seen in originals, its a straight 90 degree corner. It in a sense creates a harder barrier for liquid to leak yet increases sound.) it barely leaks, just as much as the origen if not less when filled properly.

The issue is that the magma can be overfilled easily as there is no way to tell when its full without leaking unlike the origen. So when you blind drip from the top, you have no way to know when to stop, so you have to unscrew the top to get it right.

Hope that makes sense and is way to much detail than you asked

I will actually do real test's side by side on them later on.
    Last edited by Fawks; 22-07-14 at 06:53 PM.
    avtek and footwork like this.

My first build on my origen .

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by banger View Post
    My first build on my origen .

Nice coils mate, How does the v2 clone go? My mates buying one soon too so i was just wondering.

My only tip would be to move the cotton to the side of the post as it wont obstruct the airflow from the top cap, especially if you dont have an authentic v2 origen drip tip as i have never seen one built with such a wide bore and the regular 510's end up pretty small.

Also horizontal coils are easily doable on that to let you know, i prefer it that way but thats just me.

It's not a clone , I bought it from a member here . I have an authentic drip tip too. It's my first RDA so I can't really compare it to anything.

AVF Regular
    whats wrong with the origen top cap? IMO the original top cap is better, smaller meaning better flavor, and it has adjustable airholes too. Good innovation though. I'd be thinking of putting the origen's top cap on the quasar if that was possible.
    footwork likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawks View Post
    I have the cloned Magma and as you know the authentic Origen V2. Honestly the Magma is a nicer vape than the Origen, i have had the magma for a week and a bit now so its still early days technically but i can make some judgments about it now.

Its having the coil directly in the path of the airflow unlike most which technically sit along the side like the origen, along with the rounded topcap which is superior to the origen design that makes it a nicer vape. Personaly i would like to have a rounded cap like the magma on the origen to test the difference but i think its really the combo of both that makes it so much better.

The only issue, which is sort of a biggie and enough of a deal breaker where i will still take the origen out if im on the move walking about all day is that the origen with a horizontal dual coil build with cotton is built such a way that when you flood the deck, the liquid instead of seeping out the side holes, will hold it viscosity to the cotton and you can still vape it flooded without it leaking. The magma when filled flush to the top is fine, and even though the airholes are flush with the deck (This is the clone so the interior air holes are not rounded like i have seen in originals, its a straight 90 degree corner. It in a sense creates a harder barrier for liquid to leak yet increases sound.) it barely leaks, just as much as the origen if not less when filled properly.

The issue is that the magma can be overfilled easily as there is no way to tell when its full without leaking unlike the origen. So when you blind drip from the top, you have no way to know when to stop, so you have to unscrew the top to get it right.

Hope that makes sense and is way to much detail than you asked

I will actually do real test's side by side on them later on.
    Nah, I definitely appreciate your thoughts! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by urecia View Post
    whats wrong with the origen top cap? IMO the original top cap is better, smaller meaning better flavor, and it has adjustable airholes too. Good innovation though. I'd be thinking of putting the origen's top cap on the quasar if that was possible.
    Nothing at all is wrong with the Origen top cap. I've actually switched back to using the original again. I was just bored and wanted to see if it could be done
    avtek likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast