Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: I don't think I want to use mechs anymore...

I don't think I want to use mechs anymore...

My first regulated device was an iTaste SVD. It was nice and all, but then I wanted to get into higher wattage vaping so got a mech, kayfun and taifun, (and fogger v4 and numerous drippers, and another taifun and a couple more mechs.... - damn this shinyitis) and had been using these exclusively - I sold the SVD to a mate
    I just got an IPV 2 50w from the co-op. I must say, it's blowing me away! Just put a fresh 24g .7ohm coil in my Taifun GT - at 24w it's amazing! I really do like the idea of having a consistent, high wattage vape instead of gradually declining during the course of the day.

Who else is in the same boat? ie potentially abandoning mechs in favour of a high wattage box mod.
    keithy george and Whizgig like this.

AVF Regular
    never liked mechs to begin with.. I know they are preferred by a majority over VV/VW, but I make my own mind up.

rockin the DNA 30 atm, and waiting for a 50w... the high wattage stuff is nice.

Super Moderator
    Mechs are great if you want to fiddle and fuss
    I however want to vape LOL and thats why I am generally seen attached to a VW device

( never forget its about not smoking ciggies lol its not about who can fill a room with vapour fastest , they have fog machines for that )
    Stomp, davee, Dicko and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Big AL smiles at shaitan667 (thinking thank f**k i'm not alone !!! ). I think we have all been there. I started off with an ego and ce4, then went onto my first vv/vw device. It was an evic, but no i had to get "better" tanks. So i started using Vivi novas. Now at this stage i had already got rid of the stinkies and was King of the mountain.With my evic and vivis i was good. Then i thought i need something else to run my daily tank of juice and another tank for my afternoon juice.Then i started reading about mechs,how good they were, different size batteries, etc etc. So i started buying,and buying,and buying. Mate i even don't know how many i have right now after a year. Yes, i will admit i have Shinyitis too. Yesterday my 26650 Wolverine Mech arrived with a 30mm kayfun tank.Yes it's incredible, yes it's F**kin Big,yes it blows shitloads of vaper with a 1.0ohm 28g coil in it. Yes the Kayfun holds nearly 20mls of juice in it.Yes it's friggin Heavy!! (so is my 134 ! ) But did i need it.... well no lol. But IMO if all the vapers don't go through this stage and get it out of their system, they will never find their sweet spot in vaping. After so many clone Kayfuns that i had purchased over time, i ended up buying a 100% original.(I still have 8 Kayfun clones,Russians, drippers etc.) I have found the juice i like, i have the mech i like, i have found the regulated device i like and honestly i am finally happy. So, yes i am in the same boat. I might have found the juice/mod/mech/etc that does it for me, but i might find another shiny down the road!! on this journey that never ends!!!
    As long as i'm off the stinkies (now 13 months) , I'll stay in this boat mate, i kinda like it
    My 2cents worth.
    cheers,
    Big Al
    shaitan667 and Whizgig like this.

AVF Regular
    The thing thats good about mechs is they will survive the apocalypse when all the shitty little VV devices will be toast. No wires no solder no bullshit.
    davee, Duke916, Fawks and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Vv's are for people who can't or just don't want to build good coils... ;-)
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    I went from Ego type batteries to a Vamo V5 with a Kayfun clone tank & it seemed perfect. After a while the length of it became a turn off so I bought a couple of Nemesis clones & Kicks to put in them for the auto & safety. For no real reason other than making the mods smaller I removed the Kicks & I now only use the mech mod as is. So far I'm using coils of about 1.6ohm & all is very well.
    Whizgig and vengaman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by centron-sg1 View Post
    Vv's are for people who can't or just don't want to build good coils... ;-)
    I still take pride in my coils - what's the point of rebuilding if you're not going to do it properly!
    Master Sergeant and Whizgig like this.

AVF Regular
    I dont think it is a case of one vs the other - why not have both (says the taco girl). The options are there for the taking and by taking i mean your hard earned cash. Yes the Apocalypse is nigh, your stranded on an island etc. are all very prominent key issues when purchasing your vaping device... wait are they?? Unfortunately it all comes down to the point that we are a throw away society - sad but true but all your Hana's and Vamos will all end up in the trash or the bottom of that draw that will indeed fill up eventually. I myself prefer the dimensions, the look, the feeling, the very notion of a mechanical devices *looks at Hamilton (mechanical watch) and falls in love all over again.
    Last edited by Captain; 26-07-14 at 04:08 PM.
    Fatman, Toddosh, Duke916 and 2 others like this.
    Last cigarette: March 14th, 2010 - Started Vaping Feb, 2010.

"Praise the God of all. Drink the wine. And let the world be the world"

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    sad but true but all your Hana's and Vamos will all end up in the trash or the bottom of that draw that will indeed fill up eventually. .
    This is why I have EPM's .. and the very minute there is an impending apocalypse I will be kidnapping Eric ( manufacturer) and locking him in my cellar
    Captain likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast