• 1 Post By ecigfreak
  • 1 Post By Melbournite
  • 1 Post By Aliyah
  • 1 Post By Sammy J

Thread: mini protank 3 opinions

AVF Regular

mini protank 3 opinions

hey

im thinking of getting a mini protank 3 for a mate but i heard before that the v2 is better is this actually true because v3 is also cheaper it seems weird. Opinions wanted

AVF Regular

mini protank 3 opinions

+1 for what fifthflo is asking! Want to get a mate onto the new kanger coils and off the aspires because they're just too hard to source (the tanks themselves).

I'd be looking at the full sizes however
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    hey

im thinking of getting a mini protank 3 for a mate but i heard before that the v2 is better is this actually true because v3 is also cheaper it seems weird. Opinions wanted

Hubby is using one at the moment. It had one of the new coils in it and he likes it a lot. My opinion is that being dual coil they take a while to heat up so from what I observe they suit someone with a long vape draw. He is running spearmint and it's only an additional setup so can't really judge how long the coil will last but its on its second week.
    fifthflo likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    The Mrs has spearmint in a v3 and it works bloody well.She has it on one of those kgo 1300mah batts from vk, coils last well, good vapor but being dual coil they hammer thru juice cos the dont hold much. A cheap clearo that works well imo
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    We have a V2 here & it's a great tank with very good vapor production. It had a lot of good reviews but PBusardo wasn't too keen on it but he really liked the V3. The V2 can sometimes leak when it is under 1/3 full whereas the V3 doesn't appear to do this.
    The V2 is a much sleeker nicer looking tank, my wife loves it & I think the replacement coils might be cheaper. The V2 is a single coil & the V3 is a dual coil.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    As a newbie I have pretty much only used the mini protank 3s and I find them really easy to use. The only downside is that they don't hold much juice, but they are so easy to refill. The new coils last a while too and are quite reasonably priced as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    I accidentally ordered the cheap copies from Fasttech. Avoid the copies, they leak when your device is on its side, completely empty themselves.

"mini pro tank 3 style"
    Last edited by Melbournite; 27-07-14 at 01:21 PM.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    hey

I bought a protank mini 3 (authentic) a few weeks ago. Juices I've tried in it taste totally different (to me) than they do in other devices (evods, aspire nautilus, drippers) Didn't like how they tasted. Can't explain it but they just tasted weird. Also leaks pretty badly when upright :/ Haven't tried the v2 so can't compare
    Last edited by Aliyah; 27-07-14 at 02:23 PM.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    The V2 is a single coil & the V3 is a dual coil.
    Depends what coils you put in it!

Sounds like the lean is towards the PT2 for most, which is the direction I was leaning also

AVF Regular
    IMO the PT3 mini is superior to the V2. Much better flavour and the coils last much longer. Had about 5 V2's then but sold then all when I got the first Mini 3.

Edit - if you can find them then I'd recommend the KangerTech Mow / Emow. I now use them instead of the mini 3. Holds more juice and has airflow control.
    Last edited by Sammy J; 27-07-14 at 08:20 PM.
    fifthflo likes this.