Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Hardware project - the sequel

AVF Regular

Question Hardware project - the sequel

So, in light of the success of the hardware project threads, I've been thinking. Yes I know, I shouldn't do that and it usually only leads to trouble, but anyways.

Personal opinion only, and obviously biased as it's proof of my sheer genius, but I'm finding the format of those threads to be really effective.

So what I was wondering, is would it work just as well for 2nd gen gear, i.e clearos n cartos n egos n stuffs. All that gear that most new vapers start out on, but have to wade through
    page after page and thread after thread to try and figure out.

If the current project is a good guide for vapers wanting to transition\try\experiment at the next level, could do it all over again for those who are just starting out? Obviously the budget
    aspect of it is not really relevant anymore, but the guide aspect is.

Thoughts? Comments? Rocks thrown with great force?

Great idea.

My vote for 2nd best thread of 2014
    Nakor likes this.

lmb
    AVF Regular
    I usually just steer people to inokin for a starter kit, matched with whichever clearo I see the least complaints about. I do think Noe's list could do with some updating and you are certainly the man for the job...
    Fatman and Nakor like this.
    RIP VP

Super Moderator
    No rocks are to be thrown at such a good idea First up would have to be an EVOD available just about anywhere for around $6 to $8. Using 1.8 ohm coils, an ideal match for the smaller eGo batteries.
    Fatman, Nakor, Altered1 and 1 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    If there's enough interest I'll probably start a dedicated discussion thread and index thread like last time, with the usual preambles. I was just hoping to gauge people reactions and interest in starting another project and maybe nut out a couple of details.

Last one had a definate bias towards genuine, and while I know the lines at lot blurrier at this level I still think there's a benefit to keeping that bias at least in part. I know things like evods and vivis etc have all been knocked off and you can get dirt cheap versions, but from what I've seen they tend to be more prone to being crap. Probably more of a guideline on this one than a requirement, but links and prices should probably lead towards the reliable versions rather than the cheapest, especially when we're really only talking a couple bucks difference.

So what I'd need is ideas on categories and the listing format.

Listings last time

Name:
    Description:
    Price:
    Other Costs (Postage):
    Suggested Builds:
    <-- This can get scrapped I think.
    Comments:
    Where to buy:
    Pictures:
    Toddosh, lmb, Altered1 and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Arguably, it's even more important to buy original 2nd gen gear than 3rd gen gear IMO
    JWH, Fatman, Nakor and 1 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Arguably, it's even more important to buy original 2nd gen gear than 3rd gen gear IMO
    Completely agree

Great Idea Nakors ! ... you are racking up the brownie points :

( enclosed is one "geddoutovFatslappingfree" card ... which entitles you to a free shot forumwide *)

* May or may not be true , you will have to be silly enough to try to find out
    gtadmin, Nakor and Altered1 like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    READ the small print nakor

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Completely agree

Great Idea Nakors ! ... you are racking up the brownie points :

( enclosed is one "geddoutovFatslappingfree" card ... which entitles you to a free shot forumwide *)

* May or may not be true , you will have to be silly enough to try to find out
    I'll take that, and I'm definately silly enough to try and find out.

Now to go and spend hours scheming on how best to use it. :coat:
    Fatman and Altered1 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast