Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MrGruffy

Thread: Ant simple fix, faulty display on Hanna mod clone

AVF Regular

Ant simple fix, faulty display on Hanna mod clone

Any electronic savvy folk out there think there might be an easy fix for my Hanna Modz clone ( dna 30 chip from KSD) mod. The display just stops working sometimes. Goes blank. The mod still functions but no info is displayed. Then it starts working perfectly again.
    Only had a couple of days, and have been loving it. If there was some easy/little fix rather than the hassle of returning it that would be good. If it was a known small fault, not an indication of something more major.
    I have friends who might be able to do minor procedure if needed. Anything major I will ask for replacement or refund but may have to wear the postage.

AVF Regular
    I would send it back if only a few days old. Sounds like a dry solder joint. Easy enough to fix, but like I said, I'd send it back. Where'd you get it from?

AVF Regular
    I've read excess glue on the wiring can cause dramas, I'm sure someone else would of had a similar problem and be able to help soon. Thats the awesome thing about this forum.

AVF Regular
    Had the same issue. Only thing was I didn't expect it to happen on the first day. The display never came back. Couldn't be bothered sending it back as it would only happen again.

AVF Regular
    Display problems on DNA and DNA clones are generally related to the mumblefuck ribbon connector they use to connect the display to the board.
    The tolerances for goodness are measured in units of gnat pubics, and when combined to rough handed treatment and industrially stupid hotglue holding it all together, pfffft inelegent solutions 'r us here.

Open it, get some purchase on the board and while looking at the display and activating the device wiggle the board some. You may be lucky to find the sweet spot of reconnection.

Or

Return it

Or

Procrastinate past the warranty period, get the irrits with it and sell it to me cheapishly.
    Fatman and LimeB like this.

AVF Regular
    Send it back.
    Fixing it with a proper DNA board is more than it's worth.

AVF Regular
    Thanks all, yeah first glitch was straight out of the box. Then came good. Then happened again a day later.
    Oh well, looks like return to exchange. I do love it though. It still works sweet with out display, just makes the wattage a guess. I will return though as I worry a more serious fault may occur, maybe even a dangerous one when charging. Thanks for the input though every one.

AVF Regular
    Sent it back, replacement somewhere with Aus Post. Probably wont get until Monday now.

AVF Regular
    Got replacement. so far so good. Cosmetically a lot rougher ( inside) than previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    Got replacement. so far so good. Cosmetically a lot rougher ( inside) than previous version.
    Wow these thing sound wildly inconsistent. I"m very keen on getting a box mod, the chana was at the top of my list due to price but I'm thinking it might be wise to save up some more dollars and get something else. I glad you've had a happy ending to the saga though.