AVF Regular

taifun advice needed

I got the taifun clone to try it out and i'm wondering if you guys have experienced a cool vape from it? Its built at 1.6ohms andim getting vapour and flavour from the exhale, but on the inhale its like im breathing in cool air with noticeably reduced throat hit than i'm used to in the kayfun. Is this just my build? Its the same build I do with the kayfun and I get a much warmer vape from it. I read somewhere it might be the distance of the coil from the airhole but I made sure it was close to that area and it seems to be wicking ok. Is this just a feature of theTaifun?
    Last edited by steve.c; 04-08-14 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    I got the taifun clone to try it out and i'm wondering if you guys have experienced a cool vape from it? Its built at 1.6ohms andim getting vapour and flavour from the exhale, but on the inhale its like im breathing in cool air with noticeably reduced throat hit than i'm used to in the kayfun. Is this just my build? Its the same build I do with the kayfun and I get a much warmer vape from it. I read somewhere it might be the distance of the coil from the airhole but I made sure it was close to that area and it seems to be wicking ok. Is this just a feature of the kayfun?
    Not sure if this is any help or not, but this is how I position mine.

.81 ohm microcoil - Imgur

Are you using it on a mech or a regulated device? The vape is quite cool in the Taifun GT up to about 15-17 watts. Really shines around 20-25 watts

larger chamber, better airflow, larger chimney/factory drip tip.
    While I'm happy with a KF around 1.3-1.6ohm, I build a taifun around 1 ohm.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shaitan667 View Post
    Not sure if this is any help or not, but this is how I position mine.

.81 ohm microcoil - Imgur

Are you using it on a mech or a regulated device? The vape is quite cool in the Taifun GT up to about 15-17 watts. Really shines around 20-25 watts
    Nice build dude. Im vaping it atm on an mvp so I don't think I can go that low. That's another thing, it vapes on the mvp only after ive extended the pin at the bottom on my provari and hana it wont fire at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    larger chamber, better airflow, larger chimney/factory drip tip.
    While I'm happy with a KF around 1.3-1.6ohm, I build a taifun around 1 ohm.
    Can I go 1ohm on an mvp? Or do I need a mech for this tank? And why doesn't it fire on my other devices?
    Edit:
    Why do you mention the factory driptip coopz? will it make a big difference to the vape?
    Last edited by steve.c; 04-08-14 at 04:20 AM.

Does the MVP use the same chip as the SVD? My SVD would fire down to 0.8ohm.

EDIT - Just saw that the MVP is 11w max, not 15w - think I may have confused it with the VTR...
    Last edited by shaitan667; 04-08-14 at 04:39 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shaitan667 View Post
    Does the MVP use the same chip as the SVD? My SVD would fire down to 0.8ohm.

EDIT - Just saw that the MVP is 11w max, not 15w - think I may have confused it with the VTR...
    This may explain a few things why you can go sub ohm using innokin products
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-52nVRIVR5w

That guy is an idiot LOL. Kept on calling it 8 ohms instead of 0.8ohm.
    But yeah, common knowledge, my SVD will do that too, though if you could measure what's coming out of it, probably doesn't reach the desired volts or power for that resistance. But because it's VW/VV and will double check the atty resistance and make sure there's no shorts, I always use it to test dual coil drippers or pulse mesh gennies up slowly while adjusting the coils on either. Most of my builds are around 1.1-0.8 ohm and it's always fired them well enough for me to be able to do that.

But yeah, I've talked about this last year and apparently the early version of the SVD wouldn't fire below ~1.1ohm, while later models like mine will.

Steve, no idea why it doesn't fire on other devices, can't see it in front of me so anything would be a guess.
    When I mentioned factory drip tips, it's because the old stock KF drip tip certainly did change the heat/flavour because the outlet was so small.
    Never tried the taifun on a MVP, because the taifun is so big, I've only ever used it on mechs with a naturally compact size, and in 18490 mode.
    Last edited by coopz; 05-08-14 at 02:46 AM.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for your advice guys. Ill keep at it until i get it going. Its a cool tank

AVF Regular
    Woohoo! got her working. I had to unscrew the pin in the taifun to get it working with the other mods and I changed the wick and put a big fat piece of cotton across the top of the coil and now its a steam machine! Sweeeet!