Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hybrid vv/vw mods and Clearomisers

Hybrid vv/vw mods and Clearomisers

Hi everybody, fairly new to vaping and sorry if this a dumb question or been asked before, but, say I get a vv/vw hybrid mod and put a standard clearo on top of it, is there any advantage or how far could you push the coil on a normal clearo with vv/vw before it all gets very ugly or you just blow the coil out the side???
    Basically, with say a 1.6 ohm coil how far can you go with vv/vw??

Hi,
    with a standard clearomiser, units like the Provari are good. A 30w VV is a bit of a waste...unless you like picking up groceries in a Ferrari.

I'm not sure what a VV/VW Hybrid mod is...but im not the smartest Goldfish in the bowl.

Thanks, thats about what I thought, looks like its time to learn some more skills in the field of RBA then. God help me I'm addicted to the new shinies and chasing the taste already
    Daemolitia likes this.

fad
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflyer View Post
    Hi everybody, fairly new to vaping and sorry if this a dumb question or been asked before, but, say I get a vv/vw hybrid mod and put a standard clearo on top of it, is there any advantage or how far could you push the coil on a normal clearo with vv/vw before it all gets very ugly or you just blow the coil out the side???
    Basically, with say a 1.6 ohm coil how far can you go with vv/vw??
    The way that 30w, 50w even 100w devices work is by having very thick (in comparison)
    wire that won't burn out as easily, very large wick surface area and massive liquid wicking
    capabilities. Even so the vape can be way too hot for many people.

Clearomizers have been manufactured to give an acceptable vape at standard voltages (3.7-4.2v)
    Crank them up too much and they're going to produce burnt flavours or even burn out.

I doubt you're going to find many vv/vw hybrids that use stock clearomizers. They're much more
    likely to be genesis or kayfun/taifun style tanks.

(edit: the new Aspire Nautilus Bottom Vertical Coil (BVC ) coils are apparently able to handle quite
    a lot more power than older-generation clearomizers)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    (edit: the new Aspire Nautilus Bottom Vertical Coil (BVC ) coils are apparently able to handle quite
    a lot more power than older-generation clearomizers)
    I watched a review where the new BVC coil was still working well at 17 watts but they are definitely the exception to the general rule (apparently).

AVF Regular
    The BVC coils work quite well, I use them at 15 watts continuously and they seem to handle around 17-18 max. I haven't tried it but the joyetech delta triple coil is supposed to be able to handle a lot of power. All the other clearomisers I've tried though struggle with anything over around 9 watts.

AVF Regular
    I'm guessing by hybrid you mean a mod that can do VV or VW (not really the right term in Vaping, Hybrid generally refers to a mod that has a Genesis or Dripping atomizer built into it not whether you can choose Watts or Volts)
    VW is probably where you need to head and you'll probably find you can only get to 10-12W before you start finding a clearo starts to not keep up wicking, occasionally you may get to 15W but that's about it.
    Above 15W and you're heading into re-buildable Atty territory whole new ballgame.
    cheers
    D1g
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

fad
    AVF Regular
    Generally Hybrids refer to mods that don't have 510 connectors. The atomizer acts as a top cap that screws directly into the mod.

Thanks for all the replys and sorry for the mis naming, so something like this Kayfun 3.1 Rebuildable Atomizer Clone combined with this Sigelei 30W Variable Power/Voltage Mod - SX300 Chip or this Sigelei 20W Variable Power Mod | VapeKing would be the go perhaps as a starter??
    D1git likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah I have that exact same Kayfun and the Sigelei 20w and they work very nicely together, I imagine the 30w would be pretty much the same as the 20w but with the ability to go even higher (obviously).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast