Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Thoughts on the GP Heron.

AVF Regular

Thoughts on the GP Heron.

Hey guys, thinking of splurging on a Heron by GP. I have looked to reviews and other forums for thoughts and specifications but i would like to here what you guys think about it. I have owned a spheroid in the past but did not like the look of it on 22mm mods. The vape was pretty good in my opinion and used it for many months. I am currently circulating a kayfun, magma and nitro. I enjoy micro coil/cotton builds so i thought the Heron would be a good choice. So what does it vape like and what pro's and con's can you provide. Thank you for your time.

P.S. I am after an original but i will also listen to clone owners on this one. Thanks.
    Last cigarette: March 14th, 2010 - Started Vaping Feb, 2010.

"Praise the God of all. Drink the wine. And let the world be the world"

AVF Regular
    Subscribed.

Heron is on my wish list as well, although I will buy a genuine one.

Got a genuine 1.5 heron and a v3 spheroid. Heron pros:

- No leaks. ever.
    - Dead easy to build (we are talking kayfun level easy)
    - Build quality is great.
    - Hybrid mode works great on any 20x1 threading
    - Looks sexy.
    - Great vape
    - Super easy to fill on the go
    - Small & compact

Cons:

- Not cheap
    - This isn't your sub ohm atty works best at around 1-1.2 ohms
    - A little noisy
    - Requires base for non 20x1 mods

If you own a spheroid and like it get one. Similar type of draw with the ability to be far more "airy" and debatably slightly better flavour and easier wicking. It's a no drama no stress flavour tank that just works.

Captain, JWH, Fatman and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for your input Jim. You have a nice looking setup there. Yeah i have a few 20x1 threaded devices including a paps, this is another reason i was after the Heron. I am ok with not going sub ohm on this one. Generally i dont sub ohm when i am out of the house as i dont take drippers out with me. I understand that there is a nice creamy vape with the Heron but would you say it is a warm vape? Say in comparison to a 1ohm setup in a kayfun. Do you use yours often? or do you tend towards something else. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Thanks for your input Jim. You have a nice looking setup there. Yeah i have a few 20x1 threaded devices including a paps, this is another reason i was after the Heron. I am ok with not going sub ohm on this one. Generally i dont sub ohm when i am out of the house as i dont take drippers out with me. I understand that there is a nice creamy vape with the Heron but would you say it is a warm vape? Say in comparison to a 1ohm setup in a kayfun. Do you use yours often? or do you tend towards something else. Thanks for the help.

My pleasure man.

The vape is cool with filler and a "little" warm without filler. Generally when im out and about I use one of two attys a dual airflow kayfun in nano mode with a simply drips refillable top cap or the heron. When im out I want a compact tank thats easy to refill and both do the job they just live on different mods. The flavour is better on the heron that being said i'd want it to be for the cost. Let me preface all this by saying im not a big dripper guy and anything under 0.7-0.6 just doesn't really do it for me. I've been looking at a Estia longingly for a while now but know deep down unless the vape is "significantly" better than my heron it wont be worth the faffing around of a tri coil setup.

Will it absolutely blow you mind? probably not.

Will it provide you with a wildly different vape to your Kayfun? not really.

Will it probably end up on the end of your mod more than any other tank you own? probably.

Will you regret buying it? no.
    Fatman, 308hjute, Olfella and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Very useful information once again, thank you. I like your logical summarisation. I to prefer a tank over a dripper. I'm going enjoy tinkering with this one. If only it was slightly cheaper it would make this an easier decision.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Just had a clone arrive form FT yesterday, loving it so far. The only fault it had were the mounting screws had not been tapped deep enough, I just filed down the screws about 1mm and good to go. I also plan to open up the chimney to 3mm to stop the occasional gurgles (a known problem with the clone). Comes with the 510 adapter but the hybrid mode on a 20x1 mod is awesome so haven't used it yet .The fit and finish are good but I'm sure the original would be perfect.
    Captain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Very useful information once again, thank you. I like your logical summarisation. I to prefer a tank over a dripper. I'm going enjoy tinkering with this one. If only it was slightly cheaper it would make this an easier decision.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    If your really struggling to make a decision and are happy to foot the cost of express postage your way PM me bud I can live without this guy for a week my micro stick arrives in 4-5 days so ill have something new to play with :P
    Captain, 308hjute and Olfella like this.

AVF Regular
    Wow. Good work!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamzzz View Post
    If your really struggling to make a decision and are happy to foot the cost of express postage your way PM me bud I can live without this guy for a week my micro stick arrives in 4-5 days so ill have something new to play with :P
    Wow that's a great offer and really kind of you, however i would feel a little uneasy using others mods. Really appreciate the offer though.
    308hjute and JimJamzzz like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast