Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By urecia
  • 1 Post By grouse
  • 2 Post By Sludge
  • 1 Post By cYcLoNe675
  • 1 Post By Rebel1

Thread: Looking for some help with rebuildables

Looking for some help with rebuildables

Hey there. So, Iím not a noob in this e-cig fad. I say fad because everybody keeps telling me that e-cigs donít actually work and that Iíll end up back on the real ciggies. Check out my stats below.

Anyway, here I am looking for help.

I have been very comfortable using a Vivi Nova for quite some time now and, in fact, am set up with spare coils to last me for about another 3 years or so. I change coils twice a week (because Iím fussy about taste) so thatís a lot of coils.

BUT

By all accounts the Vivi is on the way out (if not already gone) and I have been trying to find a replacement. Tried Uni-tank, Pro-tank etc. etc. etc. All are now just contributing to my enormous junk pile. I need to know that, if Armageddon is approaching, I can keep going. I have successfully dropped to 5mg and reckon I could wean myself off nicotine altogether if I had to but my life would be hollow without being able to kick back with my pipe.

SO

I want to build my own. I have about a dozen rebuildables of varying makes and the latest is a Russian 91%.

Taste: nowhere near the Vivi
    Vapour: nowhere near the Vivi
    Throat hit (not my thing): WAAAY harsher than the Vivi
    Performance: Mostly gurgles
    Regardless of this. Of all the rebuildables I have, this one looks and feels the best and is the one I want to persevere with.
    I use 70 Ė 100% VG juices and I like a tight draw (Hence the Kayfun lite was useless to me)

Can anybody out there help a veteran out?

I can handle the reduced taste and vapour but the gurgling and harsh throat hit are deal-breakers for me.

Any tips would be appreciated. I have been watching hours of really boring Youtube clips of different builds but they all seem to end up with the same results.

AVF Regular

Do a microcoil cotton build. I've tried vivis before. Reason you are not getting as much flavor and vapor is because your airhole is blocked since it is gurgling. 28g 8 wraps. Make very sure the cotton only touches the base of the deck. Also might want to have 1-2mm clearance between airhole and coil
    JWH and Sludge like this.

Cool. I'll give that a shot tomorrow.
    Thanks a bunch. Much appreciated.

AVF Regular
    I found the Kayfun light to have a reasonably tight draw when stock. If you set it up like in the above photo it should be close to what you want i would think.
    *I Use Clones*

Just an update. Have been playing around with it today and the best I've managed is to have no gurgling as long as the air intake is pointing to the sky.
    I have also drunk more Nic Juice than I have vaped and the glycerine has made my hands softer than they've ever been.
    I have stabbed myself with wire but I haven't burnt myself yet (But there's always tomorrow)
    If my atomiser was as big as the one in the picture above it would be a lot easier.
    I'll try and sleep off this nic-headache and try again tomorrow.
    Bobthebuilder likes this.

AVF Regular
    How are you filling it ? If its not done right it will flood. I keep posting links to this vid because i think its the best for coil builds like this and the second vid shows an alternative filling method. If your using the bottom fill hole then it should be fine but if your filling from the top and its not done right the pressure is all wrong and it gurgles and gets messy.

Chimney Micro Coil Build In A Kayfun Lite - YouTube Build

Tutorial - Kafun type atty mech build - also top fill method - YouTube Fill Method

Hope these help.
    grouse and avtek like this.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    If it's anything like my TaifunGS you can simply move the coil so there's a smaller gap between it and the air flow hole to reduce throat hit. Or was it the other way around?
    grouse likes this.

Success!
    Thanks for all the help.
    No gurgle
    Good taste
    Good vapour
    Throat hit within tolerable limits
    I can make it better
    Now if I could only get rid of the whistle.
    Thanks again.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    Success!
    Now if I could only get rid of the whistle.
    Thanks again.
    Ok....I've found the whistle originates from two places on both my Kayfun Light plus attys.
    Firstly, get a drill and lightly countersink the air hole. Also run a drill down the air hole itself. You may notice an improvement.
    Secondly, If the above doesn't completely remove the whistle then you need to pay attention to your air adjuster and the possibly that there is a sliver of metal protruding into the air hole adjuster threads.

I had to use a jewelers screw driver to remove a small piece of thread and then wind the grub screw up in and out to clean the machining up.
    grouse likes this.