Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Russian 91 %

AVF Regular

Russian 91 %

I don't want to start anything here and i can understand the argument for all this clone v authentic so i'm trying to be just sort of neutral in a way. I recently received a Russian91%, its not a cheap copy but the UTC by Kebo one which i believe is the real one and as far as material, machining, threads etc like overall workmanship i honestly can't find any difference with that and the hcigar kayfuns. Obviously there is differences like the airflow control, adjustable pos pin etc but with the unit itself they are really pretty much the same. I was slightly disappointed because i was expecting the real deal to be streets ahead of the copies as far as quality is concerned but looks like just the price tag is really the only difference, that and the fact that i bought a proper one and can feel better about it on the inside So if hcigar made a deadset copy of the 91% i would think that it would probably be exactly the same in every way, i like the design with the adjustable airflow, pos pin and bottom fill hole so to get that i had to go the genuine article, all the fasttech copies looked pretty bad, and i couldn't see on their website that hcigar do a 91% copy but if they did i would imagine it would be just as good. So that leaves me thinking that there's obviously is some pretty bad cloning going on because all the fasttech 91% copies just didn't look right to me, just dodge really but the hcigar stuff is just as good as the real deal so why wouldn't i now just buy the hcigar stuff and save myself some money. I'm a bit confused because all the debates i've read so far lead me to believe that the copies are rubbish but i have found at least that the hcigar copies are just as good. Like i said i'm not trying to start an argument just more reporting my argument for actually being a bit, yeah whatever , after receiving my new device and finding it really no different than anything i already have except it cost me more.
    Flying Rhino and Pirate like this.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    Hey Sludge, I have owned some hcigar items in the past - some of them, like you said are direct 1-1 copies and work and look great. There is however more to clone debate besides quality... like you said you purchased the real deal and can 'feel' better about it. Also the materials Hcigar uses ie the type of stainless steal is, from my experience, sub par - they will rust. I had one leak some juice from the 510 hole and it was left for around a fortnight and rust started forming all over the unit
    Sludge likes this.
    Last cigarette: March 14th, 2010 - Started Vaping Feb, 2010.

"Praise the God of all. Drink the wine. And let the world be the world"

AVF Regular
    So time will tell hey .
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    Yep - I have owned a lot of mods - not a lot of clones though - and the hcigar clones all have shown signs of rust forming on them - as for the fasttech stuff, well i would not purchase anything from them bar the odd accessory to the real deal.
    Last cigarette: March 14th, 2010 - Started Vaping Feb, 2010.

"Praise the God of all. Drink the wine. And let the world be the world"

AVF Regular
    Cool, i'll take your word, just when i opened it i guess i was expecting to be amazed at the difference but i guess its like cheap shoes, on the outside they look exactly like Reeboks except they are not and probably make your feet hurt.
    Captain likes this.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    I own 4 kayfun clones and theyve all been good quality and ive never had them rust on me. One of them is from ft too.
    akef38 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have been using a hcigar kayfun 3.1 clone for over a month and it is great, no leaks or anything. It did have one major fault though, one of the posts was shorting on the chimney when I got it, easy fix by just squeezing the posts inwards with some pliers. Bit of a concern though if a newb had it with a mech mod and kept firing away trying to figure out why it wouldn't work.

AVF Regular
    Well after using a dremel bit and widening the channels on my clones they vape great, no dry hits etc and i thought that was just poor workmanship but the channels on the Russian are similar so i am dremeling them now. I guess the original idea of this design was to be wicked and coiled with 32g and silica, but we want more performance and to use 28g and cotton on a mech so it needs wider channels, i thought the channels would have been a bit deeper, should be a pearler though when i'm done.
    *I Use Clones*

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Are you sure you need to increase the juice channels on the russian? My two fasttech russians are sh!t, juice channels are too big and it floods, My Russian by UTC vapes great, juice channels are perfect, no flooding or dry hits.

AVF Regular
    I'm just making them the same as what i'm using now which is vaping exactly how i want, i have had no issues at all since making them bigger, but before, dry burnie taste quite often so i'm just doing the same with this.
    *I Use Clones*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast