Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: HELP URGENT first coil build

HELP URGENT first coil build

Just built my first coil 8 wraps 28g measured on ohm tester 1.34 ohms, put it on my MVP display comes up NON put it on my ego clone batt and fires and burns beautifully WTF! Tested a i clear on the MVP and is working fine dripper is an igo-w any help appreciated about to lose my shit

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Doidge5781 View Post
    Just built my first coil 8 wraps 28g measured on ohm tester 1.34 ohms, put it on my MVP display comes up NON put it on my ego clone batt and fires and burns beautifully WTF! Tested a i clear on the MVP and is working fine dripper is an igo-w any help appreciated about to lose my shit
    its the contact pin in the mvp 510 connection - it needs to be raised - u need to get some tweezers in there and prise it upwards to make contact with the atty - or a thin screwdriver and lever it upwards somehow

AVF Regular
    Yup, what avtek said. My mvp pisses me off for that reason. So many atys wont work on it because of that damn pin. Atm im using a taifun on it and thats ok because it has its own adjustable pin. But some of my kayfuns and even aspires wont because of the way the pin is set and i cba adjusting it all the time.
    avtek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    its the contact pin in the mvp 510 connection - it needs to be raised - u need to get some tweezers in there and prise it upwards to make contact with the atty - or a thin screwdriver and lever it upwards somehow

You sir are a f@ckin legend just built another 2.12ohm coil to test out on it raised the pin and got it to fire takes and hr to heat up lol gunna drop the 1.3 back in it
    weissesfleisch likes this.

All up and going had to settle on 2.03 ohm 1.3 would not fire, pics attached is this enough/to much rayon ?

AVF Regular
    great yer up an runnin!! mvp should fire the 1.3 tho....

also just a tip re the airhole - make sure the coil is about the same height off the deck as the airhole is - or just a touch higher so the air passes directly onto the coil

amount of rayon looks fine btw - i sometimes use more to hold more juice but keep the coil clear like you have it

my mvp fires on 1.5 coils.... According to somewhere I read (maybe on here) the MVP should be able to fire down to 0.8....

The air hole is really up nearly level with the top of the post was a bit worried about juice flow that high up. At 2+ ohms the coil seems to take a long time to get full glow will lower ohms help in this regard?

Yes, lower ohms will help it heat up faster

AVF Regular
    2 ohms is perfect for the MVP.
    Don't worry about how long the coil takes to glow that has nothing to do with how hot it needs to be to vaporize juice.
    If you lower the resistance all it will do is make the devise not work as well as it can. It will not put out the power/voltage that you set it too.
    It's not a mech mod it's a regulated mod and what comes out of the board is what you get.
    Watch Pbursardo's review it shows that it functions best with a resistance between 1.8 - 2.2 ohms.
    dan6a and avtek like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast