Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Custom wire.

AVF Regular

Custom wire.

So I've goat bit of a gripe....

Why is no one in Australia making and distributing custom wires?? In the states you can get royal wires, hotwires, , gplat just to name a few yet here in Australia our choice is kanthal, nichrome and that's it!! I want some awesome wire but I don't wanna pay $20 US + international postage and have to wait weeks for it.
    Is it really that hard for a Aussie to come up with a wire that performs as good as these? Is there no interest in it? Hell even if some Aussie vendors would distribute these brands I'd be happy to pay $25-$30 here and wait a few days for postage.
    Am I the only one who wants some performance wires? A lot of you guys are smarter than the average bear so why not get on it??

Anyway I wanna try some nichrome 24g and I'm wondering if there's any major difference from kanthal 24g?
    Apparently I have to be a sheep or get punished.

I just did a pie chart to give a visual representation showing techincal worth in innovating a new wire, vs amount of people who vape, vs amount of people who dont vape, vs amount of people that vape AND build their own coils.

The quantity was so small, it wasn't worth copying and pasting.
    Dicko, Master Sergeant and Fawks like this.

Oh yeah...

and because

GPLAT

AVF Regular
    Is it really that hard to make? Can it not be done on a small scale and mass produced overseas at a cheaper cost?

AVF Regular
    I thought it had turned out that gplat was just a ss wire anyone can buy much cheaper?

AVF Regular
    I know Omega wires are looking for a Aussie distributor. I've tried the Tigre wires they make and flavour and vapor production from a 28g wire was above and beyond anything I've ever used before.

fad
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter03 View Post
    Is it really that hard to make? Can it not be done on a small scale and mass produced overseas at a cheaper cost?
    Hard to Make? No. Hard to make better handling and cheaper and safe to vape? For damn sure.

You're talking serious lab time involving metallurgists and possibly biomedical people as well. All so someone can
    go on reddit or AVF and complain that it's overpriced crap compared to their $10-for-100-foot spool of kanthal
    D Jovanovic likes this.

AVF Regular
    I guess I am happy with what I got in kanthal. it got me off the smokes, kept me off so as far as I am concerned, its cheap, accessible and works.

if it aint broke, don't try to fix it. not sure there is enough of a market for 1% difference in something
    Dicko and Master Sergeant like this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    Hard to Make? No. Hard to make better handling and cheaper and safe to vape? For damn sure.

You're talking serious lab time involving metallurgists and possibly biomedical people as well. All so someone can
    go on reddit or AVF and complain that it's overpriced crap compared to their $10-for-100-foot spool of kanthal
    Correct!

And then....concerned Vapers will be all requesting MSDS that they cant read, let along understand and you end up with GPLAT all over again.

AVF Regular

Custom wire.

Y'all should try some Omega wires then tell me it's not worth it, I just can't get over the fact I'm so alone in wanting more choice. I'm originally from the US and when we moved here to Australia it was amazing that there's not a lot of choice with a lot of things. Like my mum used to say " there's a choice in Australia, you can have black, black or black" and it's true.
    Last edited by Shooter03; 15-08-14 at 03:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast