Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Russian 91 help

Russian 91 help

Just got my hcigar 91 machining is good channels are deep threads perfect built coil 1.73 ohms sick as tits so I thought, primed the rayon few quick draws then bam mouth full of juice and leaking out the air flow wtf did I do wrong this time, was careful not to block the channels and just enough rayon to do the job see pic

Hey 5781, the wisest among us may be out this Friday night, but IMHO the wick needs to lay on the deck, without impeding the channels. The left wick doesn't appear to reach at all, so the juice will just bypass it and flood

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Yeah the left wick looks too short. I like to have the wick just touching the deck and pressed slightly against the connection block. Use a little juice on the wick to help the stay in place.

I usually build my coils on my kayfun 1 to 1.2 ohms but im using a mech.

Also how do you fill it? The top fill method never works for me. I fill from the fill hole with the air flow screw on kayfun right out. I will take a few primer toots, if there is any gurgles I will turn it upside down and lightly blow through the air flow hole. Dont blow through the drip tip like a carto or clearo, juice will leak out like crazy.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Judging by the photo it might be your juice channels, they look way too deep in comparison to a UTC Russian91%, my shithouse fasttech ones had giant juice channels and flooded regularly. You'll probably need more cotton as Coxy said.

AVF Regular
    Jeezuz, those juice holes are huge!
    If you could even call them that, more like channels on the aqua you lay the wick into
    Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 16-08-14 at 01:03 PM.

AVF Regular
    Make your wick ends much much longer and run them right down the channels so when you put the chamber on they poke out the ends into the tank.
    I'm curious to see how it vapes and have a feeling it might just work alright.
    Don't put too much cotton in the channels though, keep it light on.

Pulled it to bits and cleaned it all out made another wick less material and ran down the side of the block so it just touches the deck, draws much cleaner no juice in mouth, but gurgles like a son of a *****. Is that from flooding, yes the channels are deep and wide as maybe 2mm wide my drill bit fits in it easily.

AVF Regular
    If it's gurgling your probably not far away from another mouthful of juice
    This atty isn't meant to have juice holes that big, with a standard wicking method like you would normally do with a kayfun or Russian it is bound to flood.
    Calls for a non standard approach, think outside the square.
    Try running the wicks right down the channels so they sit in the juice in the tank by about a mm or two.
    Thinking you might come out with a Russian that wicks nearly as good as rose

AVF Regular
    u screwed the juice channels. Cant do anything more here. Get another new one.

AVF Regular
    I don't think he dremelled them, I think he got it like that
    I would be playing around with this thing, could come out with something quite good

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast