Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rotten

Thread: fogger 4.1 Qs

AVF Regular

fogger 4.1 Qs

hows this atty wick for subohms? what are people finding for about .8 ohm??

Built this twice i think at the moment i have it at 0.6ohms and its fine. i find that if the wick get dry i just prime puff it and i'm set to go again. Although i'm not sure if i have to do this because i haven't placed the wicks properly, But in saying that i kind of like it like this, gives me kind of a break between chain vapeing lol

AVF Regular
    I don't like mine. Tempermental Farkin thing
    merexy likes this.

[QUOTE=harry;560364]hows this atty wick for subohms? what are people finding for about .8 ohm??[/QUOTE I have had mine 2 weeks now and run it at .84 on 18 w and enjoying it. No drys. I slightly taper my rayon wicks and just let the tips enter the channels. Hope this helps.

AVF Regular
    I find it really good at .8ohms but they do take a bit of playing around to perfect wicking

I have 2 and run them at .5 ohms on an SX350 at 30 watts. I am still trying different wicking techniques - as stated they can be temperamental. I find if I use 50/50 pg/vg they wick well. If i use 25/75 pg/vg I have to turn the watts down to 28 or I get a burnt taste in the vape. This is with cotton wicks that have the ends positioned just inside the juice channels by a couple of mm.

At .8 ohms they should wick fine.

I'm pretty sure I haven't got the wick right in mine, or it could just be too low. It's at 0.4 ohm - it's not bad, but get dry hits pretty quick. Will try and rebuild to 0.8 and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by shaitan667 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I haven't got the wick right in mine, or it could just be too low. It's at 0.4 ohm - it's not bad, but get dry hits pretty quick. Will try and rebuild to 0.8 and see how it goes.
    If this is the one with a wide deck, then it's not going to wick very well IMO. Theyv'e removed the horizontal channels and they've made it more kayfun style vacuum wicking in order to prevent flooding (as the air hole is level with the deck). The earlier fogger 4 with the narrow deck and more juice channels would be better.

Best tank for sub ohm is the aga-t7 imo. Tank sits on top, gravity feed effect larger as well as vacuum and juice practically rains down to the wick. Air hole is raised slightly to help prevent flooding too. Pity refilling is a PITA on the t7.

The single coil aga-t5 has no flooding or filling issues though, way better thought out, pity it's such a gaudy looking thing though with it's gold plated accents like the igo-W6.
    Last edited by coopz; 17-08-14 at 09:00 PM.