Omega RDA with ProVari Mini

Hi folks,

A friend of mine gave me a Omega RDA as a gift and I was about to start ordering suppies to get it going but got a bit unstuck with the options.
    My questions are: 1- will this be compatible with the ProVari mini with extender cap and 2- what gauge wire should I get.
    I've been using it nautilus/protanks up until now

Thanks

lmb
    AVF Regular
    The easiest way to start would be with 28guage kanthal and a micro-coil set up with a cotton wick. Should work well with the Provari as long as you keep your resistance up. I think the Provari performs best at around the 1.5ohm mark. You won't be competing in any cloud blowing contests, but you should get a very satisfying vape. Stick with single coil to begin with, make sure you only have one air hole open and adjust it to suit.

Lots of trial and error and youtube and you'll be good to go. The Provari won't let you get yourself into too much trouble
    RIP VP

Quote Originally Posted by lmb View Post
    The easiest way to start would be with 28guage kanthal and a micro-coil set up with a cotton wick. Should work well with the Provari as long as you keep your resistance up. I think the Provari performs best at around the 1.5ohm mark. You won't be competing in any cloud blowing contests, but you should get a very satisfying vape. Stick with single coil to begin with, make sure you only have one air hole open and adjust it to suit.

Lots of trial and error and youtube and you'll be good to go. The Provari won't let you get yourself into too much trouble

Awesome, thank you

AVF Regular
    I'd use 30 gauge. Slightly more fiddly, but you'll get a smaller coil that'll heat up quicker and give you a bit more vapour. But whatever else lmb said.

I use 28g in a igo w with 8 wraps gives me 1.6-1.8 and cotton, it takes a bit to heat up as others have said but it's easy for beginners just need a 2mm drill bit and a lighter,tweezers and off you go

AVF Regular
    I have an omega RDA and something I found helpful when I first started to rebuild it is to work from the negative posts (the two outer posts) then tighten and deal with the positive post, because dealing with the posts that don't have the holes in them can be a complete *****. Also if you can leave the drill bit / micro screwdriver (or whatever your using to form the coils) while you are getting the wires held down underneath the screw heads.

I found that 30 gauge worked well and was easy to work with, however the 28 gauge was just that little bit more fiddly to try and get under the screw heads as it is slightly thicker. Another word of advice is to clip your wire ends off on this thing as the "twist and tug" quite often ends in heart break as it will inevitably work a lead lose and mess up the coil.

Good luck with it - once you get the hang of it there will be no stopping you!