Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Need advise on building a Magma

AVF Regular

Need advise on building a Magma

Getting a Magma delivered today from Mo, I have only build a 1.6ohm single coil for my Kayfun.....
    So I need advise please, what would be better, a single coil 6 wraps, 28g Kanthal, 2mm dia or dual coil 12-13 wraps each, 28g, 2mm?
    Both by calculation will give approx 1.1-1.2ohm.
    My first proper RDA, really excited about it.
    Cheers.

AVF Regular
    What device are you using to vape it on ? Mech / APV / VW ?? Makes a difference. eg I can fire a single 1 ohm coil on my MPV - tried a double - would eventually get hot . . . much slower . . .

Dual Coil because its always more fun to wrap 2 coils!

AVF Regular
    Got my first magma 2 days ago.

Had to build it 3 times before i got it vapeable, first few times i was using too thick a drillbit for the coil, plus I was leaving both air intakes unblocked (with single coil)

third lucky time, i had blocked the spare intake with tissue, built a tight 1.4ohm 30awg coil on a small drillbit and the cotton went through the coil nice and tightly (compared to the first two where the coil could barely touch the cotton.

the first two builds vaped really harsh, mostly due to the coil wrap thickness, the third time was wonderful.

keep in mind its easy to build one of these in haste and have it turn out unpleasant, but if you persist, you'll find once you get a build right in it (and right for your hardware) you'll love it. ^_^
    hun113 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'll be using it on the Sigelei 20W. The Semovar can only go down to 1ohm I think, not that I am going that low anyway on my first build

Hahaha yes Magzzz, dual coil ftw.

But do you think 13 wraps is not too long?

AVF Regular
    i can blow some rather big clouds on the single build, and its just 5 wraps at 30 guage. 13 wraps should fit for dual if your burning your kanthal to begin with then pressing it into a micro-style wrap.

10 (wraps each) @ 28 might be more ideal then 13 but you'll end up subohm wouldn't you?
    hun113 likes this.

AVF Regular
    no 13 wraps of 28 should be fine, im running one at the moment with 9 wraps of much thicker wire, which over all would be much, much longer than 13 wraps of 28

if u think u can do it go for it
    hun113 likes this.

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnaz View Post
    no 13 wraps of 28 should be fine, im running one at the moment with 9 wraps of much thicker wire, which over all would be much, much longer than 13 wraps of 28

if u think u can do it go for it
    Cheers budd, you are the coil guru lol.
    What would be the difference anyway with running 6 wraps, 28g single and 13 wraps, 28g, double?

AVF Regular
    I am using a single coil 1ohm build. 28g kanthal with 5 wraps. You will have to work out what you like the best. I haven't tried a dual coil build on it yet but I don't really feel a need to.
    hun113 likes this.
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

Currently on my magma ive got 2 coils of 1.44mm ID, 14 wraps per, 24awg.

Comes out at a lovely toasty 0.5

I dont recommend it. Its amusing the tits out of me though. Mainly because I wanted to see how many wraps of 24 gauge it was going to take to fill up the gap between each post properly.
    hun113 likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast