Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: First take on the Rose V2

First take on the Rose V2

(apologies for any inaccuracies - plastic vernier calipers)

So, after all that you might like to know what I think of the Rose. These are only first impressions.
    Pros:
    - Solid, well built, great machining & all threads catch without grind or slop.
    - Size is identical to the Russian
    - Accessories are outstanding, especially the multipurpose stand: combination 510 threads stand, DT hole for inverted filling, base tool for unscrewing centre post cap)
    - 2mm adjustable air flow
    - Large juice capacity (3.7ml)
    - Adjustable juice flow control
    - Coil replacement without having to drain the tank

Cons:
    - fixed drip tip (not a big deal in my book)
    - Air control ring is quite tight (I prefer it wide open though and Tod has a review that suggests some Vaseline fixes this.)
    - Coiling this RTA was a bugger on my first go. 3 coils later I got it right. Lead placement is done blind and by feel. I’m sure that with experience it will become easier though.
    - Ceramic coil cup but only because "Mr Ham Fisted” builder broke one on his first try

Summing up:
    I’m really pleased with the Rose v2. The ability to adjust the juice flow is the real winning feature for me. With the Russian I was getting dry hits so I had to adjust my air flow and over time I have started preferring a more open draw. This may have been a result of my builds, or dirty coils or the fact that I’ve switched from 70pg/30vg to 50pg/50vg (and it’s cold in Tassie so the juice is thick).
    I find the vapour production excellent, flavour and TH better than the Russian and about an 8 out of 10 compared to my Magma (Please, before you blast me, I’m not expert in any of this. I do mostly single contact coils between 0.9 and 1.6 ohms with cotton or Rayon and I’ve only been vaping for 11 months). The only other thing that might be interesting would be a second adjustable 2mm air hole. Oh, add to all of the above the fact that it is a genuine RTA and not a clone. Don’t get me wrong, aside from the Russian I mostly have clones but it feels nice to have a solid genuine bit of kit.

So for Gresh11 and D13S3L- that’s my take on the Rose V2

EDIT: forgot to add my thanks to hramirez for putting this Rose up in the classies. Cheers Mate!
    Last edited by Pipesub; 22-08-14 at 03:52 PM.
    Gresh11, Fawks, hramirez and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I love mine but still have not found a cotton setup that I can keep working consistently. Silica is a breeze though and gives desirable results.

I only vape 50-50.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Definitely try the diagonal micro coil build I find that it always wicks consistently, I able to go through a whole tank with zero dry hits.
    Here's the link:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttQJPkrNB_Q
    Pipesub likes this.

AVF Regular
    im glad you like Pipesub its my all day tank, at home i use genesis but i used to always use the rose v2.

now gotta get your self the stumpy kit its smaller and you only lose 0.2 ml of juice cant go wrong
    Pipesub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hramirez View Post
    im glad you like Pipesub its my all day tank, at home i use genesis but i used to always use the rose v2.

now gotta get your self the stumpy kit its smaller and you only lose 0.2 ml of juice cant go wrong
    Yeah, just saw a review on that. Would go nice on a 18350 Provari.
    hramirez likes this.

Not hijacking / kinda hijacking

where do we get the stumpy kit?

AVF Regular
    i hit up andy on facebook for one when they had spares but i dont think they have any left mate bad luck, i know ben was getting a list up to get some in so go on vapersphere thread and hit him up there
    Pipesub and D Jovanovic like this.

fad
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D Jovanovic View Post
    Not hijacking / kinda hijacking

where do we get the stumpy kit?
    They've sold out of the first run and are supposedly taking names for the 2nd

AVF Regular
    Hey Pipesub, the AFC on mine was very tight when I first got mine. After a bit of use it has loosened considerably. I could only move it in the one direction. It is now perfect.
    Pipesub likes this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    it is rather tight but it doesnt bother me if anything its great cause that means it wont move on me whilst in my pocket or just from general use
    Pipesub likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast