Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hidden1
  • 1 Post By akef38

Thread: Tell me what you think of rayon

J-D

Tell me what you think of rayon

So I finally got my hands on some rayon and wanted to know what everyone here thinks of it. Do you love it or hate it? What about the ambiguity (for me anyway) of how healthy it really is?
    Iv only wicked a few things and am still sitting on the fence on what I think about it - so please, share with me your experiences and opinions!

AVF Regular
    I think the rayon is pretty good main thing i have noticed is it stays cleaner longer don't have to change out wicks as much and does wick better in my drippers

J-D
    Interesting, doesn't surprise me that it's lasting longer that said iv only had mine in for the day How are you finding the flavour? A lot of my fav juices seem to taste a lot different so far

AVF Regular
    Imo the koh gen do is better 8 mean the rayon is nice but the koh is so much easier to work with and I think it tastes cleaner i dont really know about how long any of them stay clean as I usually re coil my attys every couple of days

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J-D View Post
    Interesting, doesn't surprise me that it's lasting longer that said iv only had mine in for the day How are you finding the flavour? A lot of my fav juices seem to taste a lot different so far
    Different good or different bad? Would you say its overall better?

J-D
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Different good or different bad? Would you say its overall better?
    Both at the moment! Some flavours that hve been my go to adv are lacking and those that were subjectively lacking have more stronger taste with it. That being said this is my first day out using it, so after some more rewicks I could find a sweet spot with how dense/long my wicks need to be.

So far I'm with minnaz in preferring koh gen do, but I'm hoping for some success stories with it as Iv read elsewhere to motivate me using it over cotton

AVF Regular
    My only issue with it would be that it's a man made fibre. What does it give off when it burns, and I know yer not supposed to burn it but it can and does happen. My mate got some, thought it was OK but went back to the Koh Gen Do.

Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    My only issue with it would be that it's a man made fibre. What does it give off when it burns, and I know yer not supposed to burn it but it can and does happen. My mate got some, thought it was OK but went back to the Koh Gen Do.
    I was under the impression it was made from wood plup?? Finding its wicking better for me.

AVF Regular

1. Rayon is a manufactured regenerated cellulose fiber. It is made from purified cellulose, primarily from wood pulp, which is chemically converted into a soluble compound. It is then dissolved and forced through a spinneret to produce filaments which are chemically solidified, resulting in synthetic fibers of nearly pure cellulose.[1] Because rayon is manufactured from naturally occurring polymers, it is considered a semi-synthetic fiber.[2] Specific types of rayon include viscose, modal and lyocell, each of which differs in manufacturing process and properties of the finished product.
    J-D likes this.

AVF Regular
    i like the no kan do stuff from japan.... it's 100% pure........ sooooooooooo they say lol
    Hidden1 likes this.