Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sorta Noob Question - Batteries and Mech Mods

AVF Regular

Sorta Noob Question - Batteries and Mech Mods

I'm thinking of taking out my the kick i use in my mod, and using a AW Li-Mn 18650 battery instead of the 18500's i was using previously.

The reason for the change is to get more vape time out of my batteries.

My red efest v2's, 1100mah aren't lasting for squat anymore, and i need new batteries. when they were at their best they were lasting for half a day's vape

The reason i've been using a kick is for the short circuit protection.

I'm hopeless with my multimeter (i only use it to check battery charge) and new to making coils, so when i make a coil i screw it into an ohm meter. Usually if it is shorting it comes up with some random number, and i go back to adjust the coil. If it comes up with a steady reading then i'm sweet....at least i figure i am.

I'd love an opinion on whether i can flick the kick and go for a higher ohm battery, leaving me with less changes in a day.

I don't have any 26650 mods, and my aim was to stick to one size of battery so i don't have a clutter of varying sizes going around. My preference at the moment is for a longer lasting battery. I'm actually really tempted to to buy a couple of 26650 mods, but then i'd have to have two sets of batteries, which would give my ocd tendency towards across the board neatness a hammering and leave me with the sh!ts.

Appreciate your thoughts.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

get a couple of blazer 18650 from supersport600 on ebay and you will be fine. they are protected and 34000mah
    Itchy Pits likes this.

oops 3400mah

AVF Regular
    My strong preference would be for a full capacity 18650 and a matched ohmage juice delivery system.
    By prepared to be disappointed by any 26650s you might buy.

AVF Regular
    wot 'e said ^^.

SS600 will see you right and he's OCD friendly.

fad
    AVF Regular
    Ditch the efests. They are very hit & miss with their qualiy control. Buy a pair of genuine Sony VTC5 18650 batteries. They are 2500 mah and can cope with 30 amps so they're fine for mech mods.

If you're not confident wrapping your own consider buying pre-wound contact coils. I've seen them from 0.6 ohm up to 1.2 ohm.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    By prepared to be disappointed by any 26650s you might buy.
    Yep I got a cpl 26650 mods, some keeppower and some minke and even at a low ohm with thinner kanthal the coil takes forever to heat up....

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

AVF Regular
    thanks heaps for all your answers guys. Heaps to think about.

I never even thought of using a protected battery.

Does a protected battery protect against short circuit? what exactly does it protect from?

i don't think i need the VTC5's. Only because i won't use the 30amp's. i'm vaping 1.5-2.2 ohm....i'll get my coils right eventually. the damn contact coils last so long that every time i make them i relearn it basically. I'm only running 2 drippers at the moment, and i only use one mod.

AVF Regular
    Just get VTC5's anyway, why not. I use the 18350 efest in my vv but thats just for the drive to work and the drive home, other than that its all vtc5, i only use about 3.5 A but if i want to try some different builds then i can, if i havn't got a battery that can handle more then i cant try new builds.
    Samtron likes this.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    I'm heaps stoked with this community ay. I can always get good opinions

alright sludge...for arguments sake...Why Vct5's vs the Protected Blazar NCRB's?

we're talking 2600 mah no protection vs 3400 mah protected.

Bear in mind i'm still using a kick and i'm contemplating the idea of not using a kick. so the protection PLUS the extra mah is looking pretty sexy to me. Especially if the inbuilt protection protects against short circuit protection, as i'm not 100% sure my process (using the ohm meter to check whether it's shorting) is reliable when coil building.

lastly. Are the VTC5's that good? so far i've had two votes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast