Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Slowtech warranty / defective products turnaround?

Angry Slowtech warranty / defective products turnaround?

Hi guys.

Got a couple of bits from fasttech which finally arrived yesterday! Everything looked as expected except for my (not so cheap clone) Kayfun Lite someone forgot to drill out the air hole through the centre screw!! the horizontal hole was done but there is nothing but a divot the top of it. I did put it all together and unscrew the air adjustment and give it a go just incase this one had something funky with its airways but I couldn't even get half a breath from it. Has anyone else had defected stuff from fasttech? how long does it usually take for them to reply to tickets in their system? and what do you think they will end up doing for me? I have supplied a picture of the missing airhole? (although not a very good one).

Cheers
    Brandon.

AVF Regular
    Have fun mate, You can get a replacement or refund sent out, it takes effort though. FT will tell you what to do.

Personally? Take the hit, if its under $50 then i wouldn't bother.

JWH
    AVF Regular
    Bro open up a ticket, they'll ask you for photos and then they'll offer to replace it on your next order, well that's what has happend to me many times with fastech

AVF Regular
    I'd say probably some 6-10 hours for a reply, or a bit longer if you have posted the support ticket during times when they are closed. They will usually post out a replacement part, or occasionally a whole item, within a couple of days of the support ticket being addressed (or you can ask them to hold off for a few days if you are going to place another order and combine with that).
    Probably in your case they will just post you a replacement atomizer base.

Sometimes they will ask you to return the defective item and refund you the return postage costs when they receive it. This hasn't happened to me personally, they have always just posted a replacement for the damaged / defective part.
    JWH and Skippa like this.

AVF Regular
    or if you post it back - they'll refund the postage - in US$ ! Score !
    Seriously - open a ticket - I had an incorrect item sent - they were quick to respond to ticket - told be to post back slowpost - posted photo of postage receipt on ticket - paid me back within a day or two - then took a little while for them to receive the item - and credit my paypal . . . . worth doing . . . might be worth ordering a replacement base in the mean time . . .
    JWH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoself View Post

Sometimes they will ask you to return the defective item and refund you the return postage costs when they receive it. This hasn't happened to me personally, they have always just posted a replacement for the damaged / defective part.
    Depends if it becomes a common issue or supplier can send them parts, and how well you communicate the problem and diagnose if you can DIY.
    Never ever bother to start a ticket without documentation, photos. Their first response is to ask for photos so it's a waste of time not sending them in the first place.
    Three ways of dealing with it:

1. say it's faulty and want replacement. They will say get a quote to post it back, if they agree to your postage quote they will reply back with a claim number and address and give you the go ahead to post it back (at your expense). A couple of months later they will replace and reimburse your postage costs.

2. Identify a part only that needs replacing that you can fit/fix yourself, they will send that part with your next order (not by itself).

3. Write it off.
    Last edited by coopz; 26-08-14 at 03:12 PM.
    JWH and Skippa like this.

AVF Regular
    This is where pestering politely works a treat. It takes time and patience to go through the process and you get to decide if its worth the effort. Keep your ticket verbage clear and remember that often English is a second language. If you can catch them when online chat is available you can sometimes get a better outcome.
    Skippa likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I got an Ego battery that was DOA. Opened a ticket and they asked if i wanted store credit or replacement.
    I got the credit and put it towards my first box mod. So it was a win for me
    JWH likes this.

First time I used FT, got a faulty ego battery. They said post it back, auspost said they wouldn't send batteries. so FT fscked me over and I never bought another battery from there again...
    Mileage varies I guess.
    JWH likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coopz View Post
    First time I used FT, got a faulty ego battery. They said post it back, auspost said they wouldn't send batteries. so FT fscked me over and I never bought another battery from there again...
    Mileage varies I guess.
    Thays funny ive posted heaps of batts with auspost. I order them online all the time and never any probs.
    JWH likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast