Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: EVOLV Granted VW Patent!

AVF Regular

EVOLV Granted VW Patent!

This from Vapor Joe

On 9/2/2014 Evolv will have the Patent on variable power / wattage. This goes all the way back to their original variable wattage device - The Darwin. This is a big moment for the company. With that in hand Evolv has a lock on that portion of industry unless chip makers find a different way to produce the same effect. This is a true patent, not an application.

What will Evolv do with the Patent? Only time will tell.

On to the more exciting stuff. A "little birdy" told me that Evolv is coming out with a new chip. While China seems to be destroying America in terms of wattage innovation - Evolv has sat quietly working on a new chip. I have been told this new chip will control temperature. How this will be achieved is not known - but anything new from Evolv is always exciting.

I'm hearing a release date before Christmas - perhaps a debut at ECC?
    Here's the patent application....http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20130104916
    Last edited by laurie9300; 26-08-14 at 07:42 PM.

While China seems to be destroying America in terms of wattage innovation - Evolv has sat quietly working on a new chip. I have been told this new chip will control temperature. How this will be achieved is not known - but anything new from Evolv is always exciting.
    This is why I dont so much that evolv were awarded this patent. Atleast they are refining and improving their technology, unlike the guy who made the Buzz Pro.

Hopefully the licensing fees that evolv charge are proportionate. I hope they don't stifle innovation.
    Last edited by marty; 26-08-14 at 07:44 PM.

This is why I dont so much that evolv were awarded this patent. What are you talking about. Confused!!

AVF Regular
    i think this is bananas - how can you patent turning power up and down...whether it be watts or volts?

Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Hopefully the licensing fees that evolv charge are proportionate. I hope they don't stifle innovation.
    the fees will not be proportionate - the only reason they seek a patent such as this is to charge as much as they can

Super Moderator
    As best I know , patents such as this only apply in the good ol U.S.of A.

Wouldn't have any influence on international markets whatsoever I think?

I think we tend to look at the world in the American way , instead of the way it really is ... America truly believes it controls the world but the illusion stops at its borders unless we buy into it and parrot it as our own .

It will be interesting to see however just WHAT the boys at eVolve try and do with it ... I dont think it gives them the right to blanket sales of VV/VW products , just demand royalties IF ( and a mighty big IF at that ) use of their "technology" is made by a company that falls within the jurisdiction of the Patent Office ( i,e, another AMERICAN manufacturer, doing it in AMERICA . IN regard to electronic cigarettes)

I am not a patent lawyer however , but I do realise there is NO such thing as a World Wide patent
    Last edited by Fatman; 26-08-14 at 08:21 PM.
    JWH, Nakor, coopz and 1 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

JWH
    AVF Regular
    But what about when an American got the patent for,ugg boots LMAO
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    But what about when an American got the patent for,ugg boots LMAO
    Now see THIS is where OUR GOVT sold us out ! ... They allowed the UGG company (U.S.A.) to register the business name HERE as well , even tho they dont make em here anymore .... Soooo in its wisdom for the $$$$'s our Govt let them bully our manufacturers ... but only cos they had LOCAL trademarks registered .... it wasnt a patent thing , it was a TRADEMARK issue

Some reading for you LOLOLOL

( And I HATE using Wikipedia as "evidence" lol but in this case it appears to be mainly correct )

Ugg boots trademark dispute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    fatman the tpp will change all that... being negotiated in secrecy - here is one link but there are many on google

TPP secretly trading away rights - CHOICE

AVF Regular
    TPP gives me the willies..... but it will allow 'us', the citizen to sue 'them' too..... it's a two way street

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    As best I know , patents such as this only apply in the good ol U.S.of A.

Wouldn't have any influence on international markets whatsoever I think?

I think we tend to look at the world in the American way , instead of the way it really is ... America truly believes it controls the world but the illusion stops at its borders unless we buy into it and parrot it as our own .

It will be interesting to see however just WHAT the boys at eVolve try and do with it ... I dont think it gives them the right to blanket sales of VV/VW products , just demand royalties IF ( and a mighty big IF at that ) use of their "technology" is made by a company that falls within the jurisdiction of the Patent Office ( i,e, another AMERICAN manufacturer, doing it in AMERICA . IN regard to electronic cigarettes)

I am not a patent lawyer however , but I do realise there is NO such thing as a World Wide patent
    No idea even if it's possible to patent variable power output, been done way before the first ecig mod. In fact that was the business one of the part owners was in before even seeing a ecig mod.

Not even going to think about it or care, because I don't live in the US, and don't even buy from the USA, so it won't affect me and won't even look into it to find out how enforcable it is or even if it's true.

Just going to comment to say how smart innokin were to get involved with them before this came out...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast