RDA beginner question

Hi,

I'm attempting to build my first coil tonight, I've got some 28g Kanthal, organic cotton and a Omega RDA clone, my main question is to do with fastening the legs of the coil to the posts.
    Should I wind the legs around the posts or just sit a small piece under the screw and fasten it down?

Thanks

AJ

Usually I just pull it around, like hooked around the post and tighten the screw. Makes it easy to remove, modify, etc

Enjoy the tinkering

Sent via Tapatalk from my ipad

As long as its trapped nice and tight, you're good to go

J-D
    I dont wrap my negative legs all the way around but with the positive post ill always loop each coils leg (dual coil) round once to avoid movement when i tighten it down. A little tip is to pay attention to which side you put your legs on when you tighten it, try and aim for the hooks or wrap to follow the clockwise direction of the screws on the post. Putting the leg on running counter-clockwise tends to lead to throwing the fiddly buggers out from where i wanted it.

Great little atty once you get it up and running have fun with the PITA fiddling post holes in future atties will be a breeze after you get that down packed

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy View Post
    Hi,

I'm attempting to build my first coil tonight, I've got some 28g Kanthal, organic cotton and a Omega RDA clone, my main question is to do with fastening the legs of the coil to the posts.
    Should I wind the legs around the posts or just sit a small piece under the screw and fasten it down?

Thanks

AJ
    It took me a few tries before I found a good build for the Omega. The position of the coils in relation to the air holes is really important, and clones vary as to where those holes are.

If you use the post holes to trap your leads it may be easier to position the coils closer to the air holes. Make sure your coils are in front and just above those air holes, and leave some room for air to flow in when you wick it up with cotton (some clones make this difficult to do).