Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Aga-t5

AVF Regular

Aga-t5

Anyone else out there using one of these? I am loving it!!

AVF Regular
    Really considering getting one, T7 put me off a bit because it was so tempermental, how does it compare? Any leaks?

AVF Regular
    Been using it for hours and one refill. Not a leak to be seen. Or a gurgle for that matter. Not familiar with the T7; they are dual coil?
    Very nicely built as well as being very pretty. Really like the design, don't think you would ever get a dry hit! So far pretty well sold!

AVF Regular
    Yeah T7 is very similar but setup for dual coils, this sounds good though if you haven't had any leaks after a refill. Did you use a lot of cotton or just wick it like a kayfun? I think I might have to get one now, I like my kayfun but I would like a little more airflow.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_86 View Post
    Really considering getting one, T7 put me off a bit because it was so tempermental, how does it compare? Any leaks?
    Once you get the cotton amount and placement right you won't get a single leak or gurgle from the T7
    coopz and fungusfiend like this.

AVF Regular
    I have a T5, it's nice. I was wanting a 3rd R91/KFL but funds are super tight so I ended up going the budget route.

The only thing that puts me off a bit is not being able to close off one of the air holes. Otherwise, I don't have a complaint about it.
    I have a T7, but running it single coil caused it to pee all over the place. Dual coils aren't my thing in tank atties, so it's kind of gathering dust.

Buildwise, it's a pretty clever atty. The length is a little bit of a shocker, but when you pull it apart you see why it is the way it is.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynxa View Post
    I have a T5, it's nice. I was wanting a 3rd R91/KFL but funds are super tight so I ended up going the budget route.

The only thing that puts me off a bit is not being able to close off one of the air holes. Otherwise, I don't have a complaint about it.
    I have a T7, but running it single coil caused it to pee all over the place. Dual coils aren't my thing in tank atties, so it's kind of gathering dust.

Buildwise, it's a pretty clever atty. The length is a little bit of a shocker, but when you pull it apart you see why it is the way it is.
    Couldn't agree more. I have a Fogger I don't get on with, dual coils not really my thing.

The T5 is a lot of atty for the price! And , like Rynxa said its a pretty clever design.

BTW. Sat overnight and not a leak to be seen.
    Last edited by merexy; 30-08-14 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Added a bit

AVF Regular
    Just an ongoing report. Did a dismantle just to see if everything was OK, was. Another assemble and refill and it has sat overnight with not a sign of a leak. It is indeed a beauty!

Now I must confess , the thing was prebuilt when I bought it and my caution said "don't use it, it's only 0.7ohms".

But the build looked a work of art. Huge contact coil with an internal diameter I estimate of 4mm! The wick looked gorgeous. Masses of it going through that huge coil sitting in what can only be termed as a bath.

Everything so beautifully built the temptation was too great. On the Sigelei 20w. Slightly slow on the heat-up but it is most certainly quite awesome! Not even a hint of a dry hit in 3 tanks now. I will recoil before too long with one of my own at a resistance I am more comfy with but for the moment I will use this massive coil. I am interested in wrapping a large diameter one myself now.... All that cotton!

Rynxa mentioned not being happy about not being able to close one of the air-holes. Not a problem as I see it. There are two but the control ring has two openings and the control is across both holes if you get my drift. From no air to more than you need the air control works a treat.

You might be sensing I like this thing. Wrong. I love it!!

It's pretty, beautiful build quality and vapes superb. What more can you ask, and for only 35 bucks! Geeze , I sound like a bloody salesman!

AVF Regular
    Got mine today, prebuilt coil was shorting, I tried to get it clear of everything and it got a bit messed up so I just ripped it out. Built a new coil using 26 gauge, pretty similar but not as wide in diameter and its vaping great. Might just be the tank I've been looking for, much more airflow than my kayfun 3.1, better wicking and taste seems to be just as good or better. Might try rebuilding with some 28 gauge tomorrow and I suspect that will probably work even better. The only thing that is a bit of a pain in the ass is the fill screw but I suppose you could probably just unscrew the bottom and fill it.

AVF Regular
    Recoiled this today with 28ga, 6 wraps around a 2.5mm drill bit for 1.2ohm, wicked with KGD. Its keeping up with 30w perfectly, could possibly even go higher. Might have to get a couple more of these now.

FYI if you lose the fill screw like I did a Kayfun airflow screw fits perfectly.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast