AVF Regular

Battery Charger Question

I am looking at buying a Soshine SC-H2 battery charger that says it charges 3.7 Volt 18650 batteries. I am looking at buying

an 18650 battery that is 3.8 volts. Will that be ok to use on the charger?

Thanks.

AVF Regular
    I suggest getting one of these chargers great price and all the extra features u could ask for

Quick Robin to the VapeCave

Quote Originally Posted by Minnaz View Post
    I suggest getting one of these chargers great price and all the extra features u could ask for
    Mo should put a warning with that charger that always check battery manufacturer specs for your battery. Some are rated max 1A charge rate after all.
    Some 18650s are good for 2A charging (though it is gentler on the batteries not to use that - they'll last longer if you don't), but some hybrids like panasonics are ~1.1A max regardless.
    Also best to use 0.5A for smaller battery sizes. moar /= always better.
    Also says that charger will start charging at 4.18v?! Nicer for the batteries if charging to stay below that voltage in the first place. 4.2v is max spec, over that is bad bad bad, under that (4.15-4.18v) is again, nicer on the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Tall Noob View Post
    I am looking at buying a Soshine SC-H2 battery charger that says it charges 3.7 Volt 18650 batteries. I am looking at buying

an 18650 battery that is 3.8 volts. Will that be ok to use on the charger?

Thanks.
    Yeah the batteries are nominally 3.7 v (you want to charge them when they get down to 3.5v or even 3.7v if using a mech). When fully charged they are about 4.2v. This is normal for the batteries, and normal for chargers to deal with it.
    Last edited by coopz; 30-08-14 at 02:53 AM.

Hi All
    A couple of things
    1. 4.2 v is an open cct voltage and as soon as as you load that battery it will fall to approx 3.8 - 3.7 v depending on a few factors. Remember to use this load voltage when playing with ohms law and doing your calcs.
    2. As mentioned above, I would not push 2 amps thru any of the batteries we use, the reduced lifespan and increased dangers are not worth the time saved. Trickle charging a battery has always been the best way.
    A have a nice day.