Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fatman

Thread: Best way to file off a pointy bit on the end of a 510 thread (Magma)

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Angry Best way to file off a pointy bit on the end of a 510 thread (Magma)

Hi I have a new Magma. It's great but it doesn't screw all the way down because there's a very slight raised/pointy bit on the 510 connection - on the screw (that doesn't screw) i.e, the bit that makes connection with the battery. It's chipped/scratched and dug into my Hana Mini and my iTaste where it connects and I just want to fix this. Any advice? I'm pretty short on tools.

AVF Regular
    got a nail file or a pocket knife / multi tool with a file or even a flat head screwdriver and holding the tip carefully scrape it over the burr

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

Super Moderator
    Gentle file or sandpaper should do the trick .... or really piss the missus off if you have one , and wreck one of her nail buffer pads

I am presuming you meant the positive pin in the centre of the 510 connection ?
    If so just file it back to flat
    DSILVR likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Given you want the "best" way, thread file ...

Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Garnet paper or file.
    But remove the screw first and do it alone, so as not to damage the threads or insulator.

Also, from what I have heard of magmas, it won't fix all your problems, the 510 thread is just too long.