Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC life

kjf
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC life

Hi guys,

I bought a Nautilus mini about two weeks ago and a box of 1.8ohm replacement coils.

I was just wondering how long these coils last? I've been vaping through it daily at 6.5-10W using a Sigelei V3. It's still going strong but is there any indication (in general) of how long these last?

Thanks

AVF Regular
    Not here yet after 3 weeks of mild use as my oldest.
    Looking good for a long run, and then a dry burn and continue I think.

Each coil could last a couple of weeks, depending on how much you use them I suppose.

They hold up really well. Much better than the old coils.

I generally only ask they last a week, but I'm happy to change them up more frequently, due to flavour changes.

If I was more organised, or more happy to run the coils till they start sucking, I could easily get 2 weeks or more out of them.

Hope this helps!

Super Moderator
    G'Day KJF !
    How long is a piece of string lol

Premade coils and longevity is a bit of a black art , and the answer probably is ... til it doesnt !
    Now realising thats not real helpful lol , I will try and throw a wee explanation out there , coil life , and taste and vapour production is a highly subjective matter , some people will happily suck on a coil that is full of grunge and tastes horrid , others will throw them out the minute they think its "off" .
    Different e-liquids will gum things up to different extents too depending on the impurities and flavourings .

Having said that I personally think a coil should last you a few days minimum , and up to several weeks if you use unflavoured mixes ... I think its probably best just to use a coil until you think its not so great and then change it out to notice the difference .
    Over time you will learn what your tolerances are and what YOU want out of a coil and develop a routine of sorts .

Coils are cheap and readily available , dont be afraid to change them if you feel it might make vaping more likely to keep you off the smokes
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

kjf
    Cheers for the feedback everyone.

I left the 5 pack at home so I'll keep using the one I've got now for the next few days. I'll swap it out and see if I notice any difference, and if not I might pop the old one back in for a few more days and see if I can tell if it 'deteriorates'.

I've only had experience with changing them out on my Joytech ego, and I could notice they tasted burnt out after a while. Will I expect to have the same thing with these coils?

Also one more thing about these Aspire coils... they're available in either 1.6 or 1.8ohms. Would there be much difference between the two? Keep in mind I'm using it on a variable wattage Sigelei. I did circuits and all that in high school physics, but that was a few years ago so naturally I've forgotten everything

Jay
    AVF Regular
    Or rebuild them yourself?

Nautilus Mini BVC Build - YouTube
    beastie_boy72 likes this.

Note: $$$ saved is not true as I now spend it all (plus more) on vaping gear

AVF Regular
    I find about 10 days seems to be it.
    Was expecting a bit more.
    I get massive popping and a mouthful of juice after that.
    I was going to ask the same question, thought I was doing something wrong. I'm on 11-13 watts, on 50/50 juice.

kjf
    Thanks for the video Jay.

It seems a bit fiddly and I've only been vaping for a few weeks. I will most likely venture into the world of rebuildables so this might be a good first step, but that won't be for a while I imagine.

I might try it on my last coil from the blister pack.

I have had my Naitilus Mini for just on one month and use it on Sigelei V3 at about 7.5 - 8.5 watts. I am now on my 4th coil and am a heavy user.

kjf
    Thanks for the info. I probably get through 1-1.5mL a day. Would that be considered heavy use?

I'll change it out on Thursday when I get back home. That'll be 2 weeks I've got out of it then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast