Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: First RBA ... suggestions?

AVF Regular

First RBA ... suggestions?

Hey Guys,

I've been Vaping for the last 3 weeks and its been going great

I've always been a bit of a tinkerer and well once someone started talking about RBA and RDA's it peaked my interest
    Now this will be a totally new thing for me to wrap my head around but I'd love to give it a go as its something else i can occupy my hands and time with

Im throwing it out there for suggestions on what a decent beginner RBA to start off with. I like the idea more of a tank holding juice rather than dripping. Im sure I'll give that a go eventually as well.

I've got a MVP atm moment and have a Vamo on order (Will get batts and charger for that locally) and they will probably be my main stay devices until I feel theneed to tinker some more (Which is often!)

I hear alot about the Kayfun or the Taifun, would these be the best starting point to dwell into?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help
    JWH and Joe_1835 like this.

JWH
    AVF Regular
    3 weeks is pretty quick to be getting I to RBAs, but cool if you think you are ready, just make sure you have an ohm reader, they Are about $25 from most aussie vendors.
    Kayfun, Russian,Aqua, Fogger are all basically the same build, not sure of the Taifun I'm pretty sure it's the same too and I think there is the orchid from VapourEyes that's roughly the same. They aren't (IMO) the best things to have in an mpv , but people get away with doing it I just think they need more power
    Orchid or the fogger if you are looking at originals are by far the cheapest, so I suggest if your going that route then one of them might be a good idea.
    Hope this helps
    People correct me if I'm wrong, but in think the optimum ohm reading is around the .7 - 1.8ohm range for the RBAs I have suggested.
    Browny and Noonoo like this.

AVF Regular
    I'll probably stick mostly to the cleros I've gotten so far but I guess no time like the present to start learning and trying it out

Ok Ohm reader ... will grab that next order today
    Im not too phased on cost, more worried if i mess something up that i can spot it and figure out why its messed up
    Im waiting for my Vamo to come through and will run that through its paces with it with whichever I decide to go with, that should tide me over till Im confident in moving to a box mod or something nice like the P3

Im leaning towards a Kayfun cause everyone seems to rave about them, and might pick up a Russian and Fogger as well. But have read some people people say Fogger is very fiddly till you get the right build. I'll pick up geniuine where i can, might as well learn from the best starting poiint before moving to clones and being disappointed there

So on my next shopping trip ... ohm reader, Kanthal, cotton, silicia, tweezers ... am i missing anything else?

Thanks for your help mate

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Just buy a Russian91% The Russian 91% - Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes VapingMad the money you save over a kayfun you can use to buy more juicealso the magma hold a fair bit of juice for a dripper Magma RDA - Clone | VapourEyes
    JWH and Noonoo like this.

AVF Regular
    If you don't mind a steep learning curve that will result in the cleanest, tastiest vape you can get then maybe grab yourself a genesis atty & some 400 mesh while you're shopping.
    By all means play with kayfun type stuff, but if you want a truly great vape then you'll want to have a bash at a mesh wicked gennie.
    JWH and Noonoo like this.

AVF Regular
    Your MVP has a function that will read the resistance of your coils so you don't necessarily need to get an ohm reader but they are very handy to have and it is good to have more than one device to read the resistances.
    I used a multi-meter for the first couple of weeks but they get annoying to use after a while.
    For regulated devices like the MVP and Vamo you will want to make your coils resistance between 1.6 to 2 ohms.

I would also suggest getting a RDA(Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer) as they are better for learning to make coils.
    I started rebuilding on an Igo-L but there are plenty of others and they are all pretty good.
    If you look at whats available at whatever vender/s your getting your gear from then search a couple Youtube reviews on them you can make a decision on what to get.
    Noonoo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Kayfun 3.1, Russian 91%\Kayfun lite, Taifun, Aga-T5. All good.
    Noonoo likes this.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Don't forget the Squape R... if you can find the f*cking things for sale...Damn I wish I had a squape.
    Sponky likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the info guys

I'll have a further look into RDA's if thats much easier. I guess i just thought that with a tank mod, it always a case of fill and go rather than having to drip and carry your juice around with you

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Get one RDA and one RBA, best of both worlds and see which you prefer. I got the Magma, Taifun GT and Kayfun lite plus (all clones) and find myself to go to the magma 90% of the time. However for convenience sake when I'm out it's either tanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast