Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Aspire Nautilus - cant open?

AVF Regular

Aspire Nautilus - cant open?

Hi all,

Love this tank, just wondering if anyone else has hassles getting the thing to open?
    It is almost like it has some form of vape lock (pun intended)...

Sometimes opens no worries, other times - like tonight - two pairs of vice grips cant shift it (and a bit of a tip to new players - leave the tip in when using pliers - I didnt, and crushed the mouth ((but a hammer and the tip turned upside down fixed that)) )

I love this tank even though i have only tried a handful, but man this annoying!

Any tips?

Sko.

Super Moderator
    For any tightly screwed together vape stuff - I use that rubber matting stuff (kind of like the stuff that comes in squares for opening tight jars lids).

Fatman and mrsgruffy like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    The only place you should need pliers if you've over tightened, is on the knurled part at the very bottom of the base, where the coil screws into.
    Where the assembly screws into the mod.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Disley,

Usually have not had to resort to two pairs (most times a rubber glove and a tea towel do the job) but it still wont budge - wonder if I may have somehow cross threaded it or something....
    Tried hot water to expand glass - no good, currently trying the fridge thing - will come back if either works....

If not back to the ProVari II (blech) until I can get to Steam on the weekend - where I shall buy a couple for if / when this happens again!

Appreciate the feed back though

Cheers,

Sko

Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    The only place you should need pliers if you've over tightened, is on the knurled part at the very bottom of the base, where the coil screws into.
    Where the assembly screws into the mod.

AVF Regular
    Have suffered the same thing, am sick of it. Passed it on to my missus but don't know how long I'll keep pulling it apart for her. I prefer my rebuildables now.

AVF Regular
    duplicate post
    Last edited by chris1972; 08-09-14 at 11:00 PM.
    Provari V2 - CF Sub-Ohm Battery - Eleaf iPower 80w - ECT X.FIR II - Aspire Nautilus - Aspire Atlantis - iClear 30 - Eleaf Lemo 2 - Alien RDA

AVF Regular
    Run it under hot water at the join and it opens straight away

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoville View Post

Sometimes opens no worries, other times - like tonight - two pairs of vice grips cant shift it (and a bit of a tip to new players - leave the tip in when using pliers - I didnt, and crushed the mouth ((but a hammer and the tip turned upside down fixed that.
    Am I reading this right.... are you trying to unscrew the Nautilus from the mouthpiece end?
    Provari V2 - CF Sub-Ohm Battery - Eleaf iPower 80w - ECT X.FIR II - Aspire Nautilus - Aspire Atlantis - iClear 30 - Eleaf Lemo 2 - Alien RDA

AVF Regular
    Happened to me also. Read somewhere to run your nail around the part of the tank where the silicon seal is. I thought yeah right, like that's going to work. It did though! Lol I was ready to smash the bloody thing

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chris1972 View Post
    Am I reading this right.... are you trying to unscrew the Nautilus from the mouthpiece end?
    Honestly at this point if that worked I would.....
    But no - one pari to hold the mouth piece steady (hence crushing it a little) and the other pair on the end that is supposed to open.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast