Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PHUCKDUP2

Thread: Provari dead?

AVF Regular

Provari dead?

So I gave my provari its regular clean with a bit of iso-alcohol on a cotton bud.......cleaned the contacts inside tube and the spring.........put the atty back on and nothing, ran through the menu to check nothing was changed accidentally, all good, checked the ohms....reading 1.3, was 0.8-0.9, pulled battery back out cleaned the contacts, replaced battery checked voltage, 3.1, checked atty....1.3, pulled atty off, checked coil,wick.....ok no breaks not touching anywhere, checked provari ohm readerwithout atty......"op"-open-no atty........connected atty back up.......e4 error.....DOH!.....WTF?........played with it a bit now its reading 1.3ohms@3.0v but not firing the atty, tried the atty on another device works fine, not getting an error message on the provari anymore but still won't fire..........washed provari out with iso-alcohol, letting it dry over night, see what happens..............most disappointed, provari has been my work horse mod for the last couple of years.....any suggestions, (getting a new provari is not really an option at the moment), although I may be able to swap for a working one....have a zen custom mod I could possibly trade, got it from CRUZ on here.

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

Super Moderator
    E4 errors are usually – Input Voltage to DC/DC converter error... This can be cos there is crap on the board , or the actual converter has a problem ?

Provape dont recommend Iso baths on post late 2012 ( December on I think ) models as the board and LED was changed a little and doesn't like it so much .

I would let it dry a few days ... put the mod in rice to draw out any moisture , clean contacts and try again ?

Other than that its a trip back to provape usually ... postage and a new board will set you back $100 or so tho

Sometimes we have group mailings to cut down the postage here tho , you might want to advertise for one to help offset the cost if anyone else has one they need repaired or upgraded?
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Well it seems that an overnight drying was all it needed, back to working again........
    giruvian and btobw like this.

When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

AVF Regular
    maybe a little premature........still working, but battery is reading at 6.8volts??????????? its flashing morse code at me but still working. WEIRD

AVF Regular
    I'd double check that with a multimeter...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk