Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Heavy duty setup for work?

Heavy duty setup for work?

Hey Everybody,

So my job is timber cutting and its not easy on your body or your gear... What I am chasing is a tough as nails infalable as possible setup I can carry in my shirt pocket (pants pockets it will get smashed) around the size of a packet of 40's smokes that the tank (prefer protank, aerotank mega in size) folds back into the body for some protection, and a all metal construction with a couple days of battery life? Pass through isnt a must...

I can walk up to a k or 2 from my vehicle and as I am still on high nic dont like the idea of my unit dying and a long frustrated walk through the scrub to fix it so I can get my fix... An angry man carrying a 15kg chainsaw is not to be messed with, or spoken to, or eye contact made... Lol...

The Innokin VTR stands out to me for my purpose but will my Aero Mega or my Protank 3 fit it without the adaptor?

I am new to vaping so please be kind... I have trawled the net and cant really find anything that fits my bill...

Thanks in advance...

AVF Regular

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    panzer - quite possibly the world's most indestructible mod.
    reo - just a metal box, stands up to being abused all over the world.
    jlmanos likes this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    Get a REO Grand LP... www.reosmods.com

Rock solid and can take a beating.... then rinse under the tap to clean when it goes dirty or sticky from juice accidents. A small atty like a RM2 (sold on the same site) or a Cyclone with air flow control will produce great flavour. 6ml bottle on board to last you all day without needing a refill and it won't leak in your pocket. 18650 Sony battery would also last all day for when you're out and about
    vengaman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Billet box is your answer. Designed to he as tough as nails and not have things hanging off it.
    vengaman likes this.
    Not in need of peoples issues

AVF Regular
    i had an original panzer mod by mcv,... they're SOLID!
    in terms of your VTR situation, i have one as my backup when my provari mini runs out of battery....
    being a handy man id assume you'd know how to use a dremel, the one i bought already had the top ring dremelled off and interior done also to fit a kayfun, so id suggest maybe doing the same and investing in something like a kayfun or a bigger tank thats 22mm diameter.. I'm currently using a fogger v4plus... its a twin coil, so difficult to build, but once you get the hang of things its cheaper than having to buy new atomizer heads and also gives you a brutal throat hit and much more vapour! if you add your location into your profile & even introduce yourself in the new users forum and say that you're looking for something heavy duty someone on there will definitely assist you!!!
    if you wanna see what my VTR looks like dremelled out pm me and ill send you a pic
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

AVF Regular
    I have found the VTR to be fragile in a few areas; electronics, 510 connector and battery negative connection. The box is solid but the device as a going concern is not.
    Vote for Reo with a big battery.
    Billet box has pffft battery life but otherwise robust.

FTW EPM VW 18650
    Last edited by MrGruffy; 10-09-14 at 12:53 PM.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    merexy likes this.

Super Moderator
    I second the EPM/Reo/Billetbox way of thinking , all tough as nails and will give you a full days vape
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I broke all my erly mods at work. vtr did ok, lasted 2 months. provari is up to 7 months so far. buy gear that you can replace locally same day.
    jlmanos likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast