Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Kayfun original or clone

Kayfun original or clone

Hi I've got a kayfun clone and finally after many builds and coil builds have got it working good no leaks and worked out how to fill etc
    the build is not bad considering only paid 30 ish dollars
    I'm thinking I would like to buy a genuine svo mesto kayfun anybody had or got both.
    Just go a 24mm gizmo and it's great with the clone but I think I want the original
    Thoughts ?
    Nakor likes this.

AVF Regular
    Go for it ?! If you like the copy, and wish to support the original maker, go for your life !

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    if you liked the clone, you will bloody love the original (that's my experience to date at least)
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    I've got a crappy clone and an original. I didnt even bother building the clone as it's rubbish. Apparently there are some decent clone brands out there but if you have the dollars i'd always recommend supporting the original manufacturers.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    I did it in the opposite way. I first got the genuine KFL and loved it so much but couldn't afford another one.
    So ordered 1:1 clone with nano kit and it arrived today. Hopefully it is as good as the original.

Russian 91% FTW!

AVF Regular
    I used originals for a year, and recently through boredom mainly bought 6 different clones, including a russian clone, and many different nano type kits etc from fast tech.

The clone experience has been a bit hit and miss. Some needed the juice channels widened, one shorted first try and melted the insulators and a couple have worked just as well as the originals but maybe are missing a little of the spit and polish of the originals. In the end i got them all working, including having to buy a new base for the one that shorted. This was a bit of a pain in the arse as with the originals I never had any issues.

Overall I think if I was a newbie I would just get one good original, rather than 3 clones, or at least be careful to get a good 1 for 1 clone. If I was a newbie and didn't know what I was doing, getting a bad clone first off may have put me off rebuildables.

Now I have swapped all the various kayfuns parts around so much, and put nano kits, hybrid adapters etc on them, that I cant work out what was original and what was a clone part anymore.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 11-09-14 at 09:49 PM.
    Fatman and Alleys like this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

JWH
    AVF Regular
    There are different quality clones, my personal fav are the ephro ones.
    I recently bought a genuine kayfun and it is quality plus,
    If I wanted another and it was going for the right price I'd spend the extra and grab the OG one.

AVF Regular
    I would pick one up used here rather than buy one brand new, but yes definitely. Given what little i can gather from your post im assuming you dont have much experience with many other rebuildable tank's. You may find one you like more but when you want the original of that you can sell or swap your kayfun.

Its a solid investment in the rba market for originals, but it is rather common as well and because the market is clone city, what you pay brand new next to what you will get for its resale value for that nice new authentic gear is worth considering which is why i would buy it off the forum, that and you know that is has no issues from manufacturer (rare but can happen).
    Alleys likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well my impression on the KFL+ infinite 1:1 clone was not really good...
    The threads are okay. Not as smooth as the original but it fits well and don't have much trouble screwing them down. the nano kit fits well but when I screw up the top cap the upper chimney part also get screwed up together. But it is not a big deal because there is no leak when they all assembled.

However, the biggest problem I have is that it doesn't contact well and there is hit and miss. I found that somehow it came with the centre pin screwed up too hard and high and I can see the insulator part under the negative post (or is it positive?) was squashed. If I compare the position of the centre pin screw of the clone and the original, the original one is placed a bit lower so the original one doesn't have any contact issue and it fits everything, while the clone doesn't fire at all on some devices without adjustable 510 connector such as MVP and I get hit and miss on the ones with floating upper pin like Stingray X clone.

I tried to loosen the centre pin but then it ruins my coil build like shown in PBusardo's video here (see from 18:30). So I had to be very careful not to loosen it too much. So now it works with stingray X but still does not work on MVP at all.

Sigh.. I heard so many good reviews on this clone and this is why I got this, but I guess I was the unlucky one. Might ask the vendor for a refund or replacement.
    Alleys likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast